A Security Solution for Gamers
BitDefender GameSafe defends users’ PCs from viruses, spyware and rootkits. Traditionally, online gamers have sacrificed security while gaming because of the drag it can place on their PC. A system slow-down can have a life or death consequences in the virtual world. GameSafe keeps the impact on processing power, memory and virtual memory to a minimum, allowing gamers to maintain “in-game” responsiveness and eliminating interruptions during play.
Games, especially online games, are some of the most demanding PC applications in existence. Because of the need to provide near-instant reaction to users’ actions, lack of processing power will result in delays in packet transmission, adversely affecting the gaming experience.
GameSafe’s gamer mode can be turned on with one click. When activated it will:
- Minimizes processor time and memory consumption
- Postpones automatic updates and scans
- Eliminates all alerts and pop-ups
- Sets the scanning level to “permissive,” so only the most important files are scanned
- Additionally, the GameSafe firewall protects users’ Wi-Fi connection from unauthorized access.
Processor time used is probably the best measure of “responsiveness”. Background processes that dramatically reduce CPU cycles (like on-access antivirus) are highly undesirable.
The amount of memory antivirus scanners use, greatly influences the overall “responsiveness” of the operating system.
Antivirus and Antispyware
- Protects your PC in real time from known viruses, spyware and other malware with hourly updates
- Blocks unknown viruses using advanced proactive detection techniques
- Monitors and prevents spyware threats in real-time
- Detects and removes the newest breed of hidden threats known as rootkits
- Provides a smooth gaming experience by reducing the system load to a minimum
- Protects against phishing attacks by filtering all accessed web pages for fraud attempts
- Reduces the risk of identity theft by preventing personal information leaks via e-mail or Web.
- No need to disable firewall while gaming, as it’s designed to accept required connections
- Controls applications’ access to the Internet while “hiding” your computer from hackers
- Helps prevent unauthorized access to your Wi-Fi network by notifying you when computers log into the network information.
Hassle – Free Hourly Updates
Hourly updates ensure that you are protected against the latest threats without pushing a button. Lost program files are not a problem either. In the rare event of file damage due to PC problems, BitDefender automatically repairs and updates itself.
FREE 24/7 Support
Got a question? Our security experts are available to help you 24/7 via phone, email or chat at no additional cost.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4, Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32/64 bit), Windows Vista (32/64 bit)
- Pentium 800 MHz processor or higher
- 1 GB of RAM
- Supported e-mail clients: Microsoft Outlook 2000 / 2003 / 2007
- Microsoft Outlook Express
- Microsoft Windows Mail
- Thunderbird 1.5 and 2.0 Internet
- Required for product registration and to download anti-virus updates
- CD-ROM drive
customers also bought
ClueFinders 6th Grade Adventures with ADAPT
Your Price: $11.99
Diner Dash - Flo on the Go
Your Price: $7.99
Your Price: $7.99
My Invoices & Estimates
Your Price: $9.99
Your Price: $10.99
Professor Teaches Microsoft Windows Vista (Ve...
Your Price: $8.99
Rite Lite 3X/5X LED Magnifier with Rubberized...
Your Price: $7.99
Video Vegas - 20+ Casino Video Machines!
Your Price: $6.99