Visually see how to use charts, formulas and more!
Use compelling charts and graphs to show stakeholders what you mean at a glance. With Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac, everyone from beginners to professional number crunchers can quickly create great-looking financial reports.
Budgets everywhere will balance effortlessly. New Mac-only Ledger Sheets with built-in formulas make common financial tasks easy. Accelerate your number crunching with Formula AutoComplete. Start typing and Excel 2008 displays a dynamic list of formulas to choose from. Charting Improvements artfully convey the big picture, with greater impact than numbers.
- Design your data to tell the story you want to tell - and make the impact your ideas deserve. Discover modern ways to communicate with powerful chart templates and tools, 3D effects, transparency, and soft shadows.
- In no time, beginners and pros alike build visually persuasive charts and thought-provoking graphs using the high-quality design layouts and styles that are always within easy reach via Excel's expandable and collapsible Elements Gallery.
- Insert your great-looking chart into a PowerPoint presentation or Word proposal for a rich, consistent, high-quality look and feel to all your professional communications. Beautiful Excel chart options can be integrated across all of Office.
Formulas and Grids
- Create a little spreadsheet magic without having to remember formulas. Open the Excel Toolbox, and get helpful step-by-step instructions how to build any formula from your Formula Builder.
- Save time typing. Power users and beginners alike can input calculations without knowing their exact names. Start typing and a list displays functions, definitions, and structure references that match your text. Continue typing and the list narrows dynamically to the best selection.
- Power users will love exploring massive amounts of data within a single sheet. Beginners can create logs that go on for days. Compatible with Excel 2007, Excel for Mac 2008 sheets now support more than 1 million rows and 16 thousand columns each.
- You just want to balance your budget, track your inventory, or manage your investments - not memorize a bunch of formulas. Beginners can easily use Excel with little training, thanks to pre-formulated worksheets.
- Believe it or not, you will be creating financial management worksheets for home and work with ease. Excel's powerful, pre-defined formulas, data import tools, and new helpful layouts will guide you through what you need to do.
- Start with fully customizable Ledger Sheets designed for invoicing, bill-paying, household budgets, and payroll. Beginners to pros can easily customize at will - to keep on top of each person's totally unique financial picture.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Mac OS X version 10.4.9 to 10.6
- Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (500 MHz or faster) processor
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 1.5 GB of available Hard Disk space
- HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
- DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network)
- 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor
- Entourage and certain features require Internet access (fees may apply)