For every choice, a consequence
Based on the best-selling award-winning Xbox title Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters is now fully optimized for the Windows platform complete with expanded content, greater customization, new quests and enhanced graphics. In this groundbreaking role-playing adventure game from Lionhead Studios, your every action determines your character's skills, appearance and morality.
Your character's life story is created from childhood through to adulthood and on to old age. Grow from an inexperienced child into the most powerful being in the world, spoken of by all and immortalized in legend. As additional story and side quests await, choose the path of righteousness, or dedicate your life to evil, and see yourself transform into a reflection of your actions and decisions. Age leaves you wizened and battle leaves you scarred as you explore the world of Albion and the plethora of expanded and enhanced content.
With experience comes advancement and physical change, whether it be expanding muscles, a keen eye and nimble form, or the buzz of magical energies around your finger tips. As you develop your alter ego, the world reacts to you and your actions. People comment on your successes and failures, your appearance, and your behavior. Fable: The Lost Chapters offers Windows gamers even more character customization choices that will impact your appearance. The denizens of Albion's many opinions are expressed through applause, mockery, trepidation, panic, and even flirtation if they feel so inclined. Each person you aid, each flower you crush, each creature you slay, will change this world forever. In Fable: The Lost Chapters, gamers decide: "Who will I be?"
As you adventure through Albion, you can focus on improving the three most important attributes a Hero must develop to succeed: Strength, Skill, and Will. Mastery of all three sets you on your way to greatness.
Strength is primarily physical ability. Increasing your Strength enables you to carry heavier equipment and weapons. You can also do more damage to your opponents in battle.
Developing Hero-level battle skills requires daily training in ranged combat. Training in ranged combat primarily focuses upon use of the bow. This may prove the most difficult of all weapons to truly master, but once accomplished, you will find the bow extremely useful in combat. If you can see your enemies but they can't see you, you're clearly at an advantage-and with ranged weapons, your enemies may be extinguished at a distance.
Will is, in essence, the ability to use magical powers. The mastery of Will is the most misunderstood and underrated Hero ability and at the same time is a distinguishing characteristic between Heroes. Numerous Will powers are available, and what you choose to specialize in is up to you. As with melee combat, some powers of the Will are primarily for close-in encounters, while others are useful from a distance. With any of these, it is the focus and duration of your Will that inflicts more damage on the enemy.
The Way of a Hero
Only after graduating from the Guild may you call yourself a Hero, but this is just the first step. Becoming a Hero of greatness requires that you increase both your Renown and your Experience. To this end, young Heroes must accept increasingly challenging quests that the citizenry of Albion drop off at the Guild. These are tasks deemed impossible for ordinary citizens, and many are thought not possible even for the mightiest of Heroes. Use the Quest Card's description to decide whether or not a particular Quest suits you according to your Experience and abilities. As we've stated before, it takes time to become a great Hero, but the path to greatness is yours for the choosing.
For Good, or for Evil?
Your actions as a Hero, good or evil, or somewhere in between, determine your alignment, and in turn, your physical appearance. Generally speaking, when you kill Guards, Trader, or villagers, Evil Alignment points are applied to you and affect your appearance. You might begin to grow horns, or even attract insects. If you choose to save Traders and villagers from the evil beasts that roam the woods, you gain Good Alignment points, which cause you to appear more uh, good, with lighter-colored eyes and a butterfly-friendly demeanor. Good or Evil alignment also affects the way you are responded to throughout Albion.
Imagine a world where every choice and action determines what you become. Where you evolve in real time based on every little thing you do.
- Experience expanded content. Explore the original worlds and core missions of “Fable” that thrilled Xbox gamers and discover additional regions, storylines and side quests, as well as optional missions with “Fable: The Lost Chapters.” In addition, “Fable: The Lost Chapters” offers the ability to fight new monsters, practice an expanded group of spells, don new armor, wield additional weapons and interact with new expressions.
- Witness stunning graphics. “Fable: The Lost Chapters” is fully optimized for the Windows platform, bringing with it breath-taking graphics that allow you to view the world of Albion at its best.
- Forge a hero based on actions. Heroes age and evolve through the actions players choose and the paths they follow — be it for good, evil or in between. Those who ply the way of the sword will see their muscles bulge. Those who weave the dark arts will witness power crackle at their fingertips. And those who rely on speed and stealth will develop lightning-like reflexes and eagle-eyed accuracy.
- Engage in intense real-time combat. Players collect battle scars as they duel with cunning foes and deadly creatures. They can master an array of deadly weapons as they hone the art of blade-craft, hunt their quarry using subterfuge and stealth, or weave death from the elements as they harness the dark arts of the arcane.
- Build a living legend. Through deeds and actions, “Fable: The Lost Chapters” players build a name for their character across the land. They can recruit allies and followers, gain glory or notoriety, make friends and enemies, the whole time interacting with a living world of people, places and events all reactive to them.
- Shape and exploring a living, evolving world. Players champion or manipulate an ever-changing land with competitive and cooperative heroes, dynamic weather systems, and environments teeming with cultures, creatures, citizens and cities.
- Hone scores of unique skills and extras. Players master new abilities and add possessions as their character develops. They can master the art of thievery, acquire a family, real estate, clothing or tattoos, and more. “Fable: The Lost Chapters” expands these offerings, providing the player with even more customization choices.
- Never play the same game twice. Once an adventure has been completed, players can forge a new tale full of unexpected twists and turns, with new skills, powers, influences, allies and enemies.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Windows XP only
- PC with 1.4 GHz equivalent or higher processor
- 256 MB of system RAM
- 3 GB available hard disk space
- 32X speed or faster CD-ROM drive
- 64 MB shader capable video card required
- Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device