Fun activities to help children discover the joy of
reading while strengthening essential skills!
The Reader Rabbit Reading Learning System uses a winning combination of lively lessons, delightful songs and creative games to teach and reinforce critical Language Arts skills. Your child will love playing with Reader Rabbit and friends while strengthening essential reading and writing skills. Don’t worry if your child is having trouble with an activity. Reader Rabbit and Sam the Lion are always around to ensure your child never gives up!
The activities become more challenging as your child’s skill level advances and progress reports are available so you can monitor your child’s progression over time. A Reader Rabbit workbook is also included for learning on the go!
- Reader Rabbit I Can Read With Phonics CD
- Reader Rabbit High Flying Act CD
- Reader Rabbit The Great Alphabet Race DVD Video
- Progress Chart and Reward Stickers
- Sound Matching
- Consonants and Vowels
- Letter Blends
- Prefixes and Suffixes
- Reading Comprehension
- Deductive Reasoning
- Writing Mechanics
Reader Rabbit I Can Read With Phonics CD
A step toward fostering a lifelong love of stories, reading, and language. Playful language, colorful animations, and engaging sound effects provide a delightful environment for children to explore as they build their reading skills. Follow the road to Imagination, then catch the train for Wordville Station! This colorful journey is filled with activities to help your child learn critical reading skills, build confidence, and discover the joy of reading.
- Allows children to enjoy continuing success in reading
- Develop young reader's reading and thinking skills and strategies
- Helps children use letter-patterns, letter sounds, and contextual clues in decoding new words
- Assist young readers in recognizing multi-syllable and compound words
- Further develop and expand on sight-word vocabulary
- Enable children to read 30 short storybooks independently
- Develops oral reading skills, including word emphasis, voice inflection, and pacing
- Multiple levels - move from simple to more complex concepts at a pace that suits each player
- Reading Lands - The 15 Reading Lands provide a fascinating journey along the Reading Road. Children help Vowel Owl find her voice, they look for objects that stress specific long and short vowel sounds. And vocabulary development continues as children explore silly animations that provide concrete examples of prepositional phrases, comparatives, and superlatives.
- Storybooks - The 30 storybooks (two per Reading Land) help young readers develop visual and auditory word recognition and build their reading vocabulary. Children can read along with the characters or read the stories on their own.
- Skill Houses - Each Reading Land has a skill house where children play word games that help build their listening, reading, and thinking skills.
- Mit's Sound Sorter - Children focus on the beginning and ending sounds of words. All skill houses have 3 challenge levels. Success in each skill house is tracked and a child's performance can be viewed in the Progress Report.
- Ben's Rhyme Time - Children discover the basics of rhyming.
- Silly Syllables - Children discover how syllables make up words as they build familiar words syllable by syllable, children develop the important phonics skills needed.
- Buster's Word Bridge - A word recognition activity and sentence completion activity. Children will need to rebuild the broken bridges and get all the characters across. Silly surprises greet players as they demonstrate their reading proficiency.
- and so much more!
Reader Rabbit High Flying Act CD
Learn about word families, consonant blends and more while helping to gather enough prizes to save Reader Rabbit’s and Sam the Lion’s high flying show at Wordville Fair! Reader Rabbit High Flying Act is an Interactive Storybook. Reader Rabbit, Sam the Lion, and friends, are performing in a circus, but their plank breaks in front of a large audience. The pirates have a plank, but they want to exchange the plank for prizes in the fair. The interactive storybook features text of the story that can be read in a variety of ways. Words can be sounded out, spelled, or pronounced in full, depending on the button pressed. Each screen of the story features interactivity--games to play, and educational "clickables".
- Build vocabulary in a fun storybook format.
- Lay the groundwork for successful reading comprehension.
- Discover the joy of reading with Reader Rabbit — every child's trusted learning companion.
Reader Rabbit The Great Alphabet Race DVD Video
Join Reader Rabbit, Sam the Lion and the rest of the Wordville critters as they dash through town on an alphabet race to the finish!
Progress Chart and Reward Stickers
The Reader Rabbit Reading Comprehension workbook is packed with even more activities to help build reading and writing skills!
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Windows XP (Home and Pro) SP2, Vista
- 300 MHz Pentium II processor or faster (800 MHz or faster for Vista)
- 128 MB of RAM (512 MB of RAM for Vista)
- 60 MB free Hard Drive space
- 16X CD-ROM drive or faster
- DVD-ROM drive to view Bonus DVD movie
- DirectX 8.0 (included on CD)
- DirectX 8.0 compatible or higher Video Card (Video Card with 32 MB of RAM for Vista)
- 800 x 600 display, 256 colors
- DirectX compatible Sound Card