Comprehensive Internet Security and Data Protection
[Protects up to 5 PCs per household for 1 year]
CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2009 provides comprehensive protection against Internet threats that can jeopardize your privacy and diminish PC performance. It helps keep your important files, photos, music, and PC settings safe and lets you back them up, restore them, or transfer them to a new PC easily.
You rely on your PC to shop and bank online, download music and photos, store data and more. So, you need PC security that does more for you. CA Internet Security Suite Plus is a comprehensive solution that helps protect you against a wide range of Internet threats. Plus, it performs automatic backups, data migration and has parental controls. And, with daily automatic updates, it is a comprehensive solution that helps keep you protected against the latest threats.
Anti-Virus - Helps protect against viruses, worms and Trojan horse programs.
Anti-Spyware - Helps protect against a wide range of spyware threats.
Personal Firewall - Helps stop intruders, blocks malicious programs, and helps protect your personal information.
Anti-Spam - Designed to control incoming email so that only messages from your approved senders list to reach your Inbox - other mail is quarantined for you to review later.
Anti-Phishing - Helps protect you from phishing attacks, Internet fraud attempts, and malicious websites.
New! Internet Threat Report - A widget/gadget that provides up-to-the-minute information from the CA Global Security Advisor about the latest threats. Works with Vista Sidebar, Google Gadgets, and Yahoo Widgets. (Available with or without CA product installation by downloading from these vendor’s websites.)
Parental Controls - Helps you control Internet access for the entire family.
CA Backup and Migration - Helps you to backup and restore your important data and PC settings, or transfer them to a new PC
New! Intuitive Help Desk - Fast Facts, Custom Support, and a Help Key provide you with helpful information when you need it.
Updates, Upgrades, and Support - With protection updates, upgrades to the latest product features and 24x7 online support all at no additional charge, your subscription helps protect you from the latest threats. Subscription also includes access to our rich knowledge base and online tools at shop.ca.com/support. Fee-based phone support also available.
- Protection For Up To 5 PCs - With 5 licenses, you can protect every
computer in the house.
- WiFi Hot Spot Detection - Alerts you when you enter a new network
outside of your established home network.
- Supports DKIM and SPF with Email Inspector - Works with
industry-standard protocols to scan email, and thwart phishing attempts.
- Internet Threat Report - Provides up-to-the-minute Internet threat
information from the CA Global Security Advisor.
- Gaming/Movie Mode - Lets you control the alerts you see, and
prevents interruptions during video games or movies.
- Continuous Upgrades - Automatically alerts you when new features
- Intuitive Help Desk - Fast Facts, Custom Support, and a Help Key
provide you with helpful information when you need it.
- User-Friendly Interface offers simplicity and superior ease-of-use,
helping you quickly and easily set preferences, check program status, and
maintain a secure PC.
- New! Internet Threat Report provides up-to-the-minute information
from the CA Global Security Advisor about the latest threats. Works with
Vista Sidebar, Google Gadgets, and Yahoo Widgets. (Available with or without
CA product installation by downloading from these vendor’s websites.)
- New! Enhanced Alert Manager with Gaming/Movie Mode lets you control
the alerts you receive, and prevents interruptions while you play video
games or watch movies in full screen.
- New! Home Network Viewer allows you to view the status of all the
PCs on your network.
- New! Continuous Upgrades automatically detects new upgrades and
alerts you when new features are available.
- A Low System Overhead with a total installation size of only 169 MB
and low usage of system resources ensure that CA Internet Security Plus
installs quickly, saves hard drive space, and scans efficiently.
- Supported by the CA Security Advisory Team our worldwide research labs work 24 x 7 to detect threats before they can damage your PC, helping ensure protection from the latest threats
Included FREE with the CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2009 is a Ethernet Crossover Cable.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- 32 bit: Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows Home Server
- 32 and 64* bit: Windows Vista Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate
- Minimum Service Pack required: Windows 2000 w/SP4+UPDATE ROLLUP 1, XP Home/Pro/Media Center w/ SP2+
- Component Products included: CA Anti-Virus, CA Anti-Spyware, CA Anti-Spam, CA Personal Firewall, Website Inspector, Parental Controls, CA Backup and Migration
- 512 MB RAM
- 800 MHz or higher Pentium-compatible processor
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher (IE 7 for Windows Vista)
- CD-ROM Drive (If installing from a CD)
- Internet Access
- Hard Disk Space: 332 MB
- Hard Disk Space
- Initial requirement for extraction of setup files: 185 MB
- Required in installation directory: 169 MB
* Visit: shop.ca.com/64bit at the CA Website to download an upgrade to 64bit at no additional charge and for more information.NOTE: This title is non-returnable once the software package has been opened.
Don't throw your money away on this dog
By BPS from Everett, WA. on 8/31/2009
Primary Use: Business
Pros: Woldn't conect to ISP
Cons: Poor Tech Support, Hard To Install or Upgrade
Describe Yourself: Quality Oriented
Was to be for 5 computers and it would only install a 30 day trial.Wouldn't work on one. Would not let me register or update. After threats to Tech Support I finally was connected to supervisor who said it was a company problem that they were working on and would get back to me when it was fixed.What a time waster. No fix date given. [...]