Technology that thinks, as you draw
ViaCAD 2D/3D v 5.0 for the Mac allows you to quickly toggle between 2D and 3D views. Visualize in 3D, then switch to 2D to make quick, precise editing changes. See your results update automatically as you toggle back and forth. Ideal for tech illustration, concept design, school projects, woodworking, flow charts, architectural, and more! Over 350 design tools along with 26,000+ integrated symbols and parts.
ViaCAD delivers a powerful new way of designing, delivering a surprisingly
easy system for creating 2D and 3D designs using its patent-pending adaptive
user interface and LogiCursor technology. In ViaCAD, 3D designs
automatically create 2D details, plans and elevations with a single mouse click.
The product supports 2D, 3D, surface, and solid modeling tools with a wide array of features to allow precision illustrations while keeping the process of design simple. Accuracy is ensured by ViaCAD’s ACIS-based kernel. It creates section and detail views, Bill of Materials lists, and includes complete 3D editing tools, annotation, and dimensions, among many other practical features for the designers of every scale and level.
From Kids to Pro - Perfect For:
- Circuit board schematics
- 2D drafting
- 3D modeling
- Rapid prototyping
- Facilities management
- Midnight engineers
Part of the interface tools comprise the LogiCursor technology that ‘thinks’ while you draw and sketch, anticipating your next move and providing an easy way to snap to elements, and find intelligent locations of centers and endpoints. This simple, easy, interface also provides the ability to create 3D on the fly from 2D line profiles.
Fast, unique 2D and 3D design: The unique automated 3D to 2D procedures in ViaCAD allow the designer to create 2D drawings automatically from 3D models, as well as create scalable views, section and detail views. The easy toggling between 3D and 2D design means that users can visualize in 3D and then make quick, precise edits to the design in 2D, and then continue working in 3D.
Advanced CAD tools
Both the 2D and 3D design functions provide a complete set of tools for professional and precision designers that include:
- NURBS-based creation
- Complete set of line, arc, circle, polygon, ellipse and spline tools
- The ability to create tangential lines, fillets, chamfers, bosses, shells, variable radius blends
- Boolean operations in solids, extrusions, healing and repair, parametric features and associativity at high precision.
- Parts Libraries as a standard: A 26,000-plus parts library enables the rapid creation of 2D and 3D designs with existing parts, using drag-and-drop functions and dynamic positioning.
- Ready-to-use models include HVAC networks, kitchen elements, posed figures, office furniture, mechanical parts, home elements and more.
- These parts libraries are delivered as a standard part of the product.
- Rendering 3D views for clarity in ViaCAD is easy, with options for lighting from ambient, point, distant and spot locations.
ViaCAD File Compatibility
- Google Sketchup (Import)
- Punch! Objects (Import)
- Adobe EPS (Export)
- Adobe Illustrator v8 (Import/Export)
- BMP (Import/Export)
- DWG, DXF (Import/Export)
- STEP (Import/Export)
- PICT-Mac (Import/Export)
- Grid Surface (Import)
- TEXT (Import/Export)
- CGM (Export)
- ACIS SAT (Import/Export)
- IGES (Import/Export)
- Rhino 3DM (Import)
- Spline (Import)
- Truespace COB (Import)
- ViaCAD - PC/Mac (Import/Export)
- 2D/3D Toggle Interface
- LogiCursor with Training Guides
- Video Tutorials
- 26,000+ Symbols
- 13+ Dimension Types
- Precision (non round-off) measurements
- Layer Manager
- Short Cut Keys
- Points, Lines, Arcs, Circles, Ellipses
- Through Point Splines
- Text and Box Text
- Text Along Curve
- Bezier, Sketch, Control Point Splines
- Add/Remove Spline Points
- 2D Section Properties
- Section, Detail, Auxiliary Views
- Auto 3D to 2D Drawings
- Create 3D Solids
- Solid Primitives
- Extrude, Lathe, Sweep
- 3D Mass Properties
- Region Trims
- Stretch, Bend, Twist Surface/Solids
- Ruled and Net Surfaces
- Skin and Cover Surface
- One Rail Sweep
- Two Rail Sweep Surface
- Thicken Any Surface to Solid
- History Based Surfaces
- Surface Stitching to Solids
- History Based Solids
- Feature Tree
- Constant/Variable Radius Blending
- Match, Remove, Translate, Replace, and Draft Face
- Lofting, Shelling
- Boss and Hole Features
- Protrude and Cutout Features
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Mac OS 10.4 or greater
- 512 MB of RAM or greater
- 2 GB of Hard Disk space
- Mouse Pointing Device (wheel button recommended)
- DVD-ROM drive