Use Your Handheld To Access Your PC From Anywhere!
Pocket Retriever is an application for handhelds running the Palm OS, allowing you to remotely access your desktop PC. Use Pocket Retriever on your handheld with a standard modem or data-enabled cellular phone, and no matter where you are, you'll be connected to the entire contents of your home or office PC. Don't ever get caught without important information again!
Pocket Retriever lets you
view virtually any text file format or picture, including the most popular image
files, on your handheld computer. Search your hard drive and download any
file (up to 64K), not just pre-selected ones. Then beam, e-mail, or upload
your files to other PCs or handhelds. Modify your text files on the road,
and store the modified files back on your PC. In addition, Pocket
Retriever allows you to remotely install handheld applications, documents, and
databases. You can even use Pocket Retriever to monitor remote cameras,
interfacing seamlessly with a PC-based home security system. Pocket
Retriever puts your PC hard drive at your fingertips.
- Easily and quickly access files form your PC using your handheld
- Read and modify converted text, then save it on your PC
- Beam or upload files to other handhelds or PCs
- Download and view most popular image formats
- Use your handheld as a floppy to transfer files in PC format (up to 64K)
- Remotely install handheld applications, documents and databases
- Monitor remote cameras
- Send major files from your PC to handheld for easy reference and viewing
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000
- Palm OS software 2.0 and higher (Some features are not supported on Palm OS 2.0)
- Note: For wireless connections, a data cable may be required - contact your cellular provider for information abut data capable phones, service and accessories)
Supported File Formats
The following file formats are converted to Palm OS compatible text files:
- ANS, ASC, BAT, C, CPP, CSV, DBF, DEF, DIF, DOC, DQY, H, HDM, HDML, HPP, IQY, INI, MCW, ME, NFO, OQY, OLK, PAB, PDT, PRN, PSW, PWD, PWI, PWT, RC, RQY, RTF, SCD, SLK, SHTML, SYS, TXT, URL, WAP, WKS, WPD, WQL, WRI, XML, XLA, XLB, XLC, XLM, XLS, XLT, XLW
The following file formats are converted to Palm OS compatible image files:
- BMP, CMP, CUR, DXC, DIC, EMF, EPS, FPX, ICO, JBG, JPG, PCT, PCX, PDC, PNG, PSD, RAS, TGA, TIF, TIFF, WMf, wpg
The following files will also be stored on the handheld in RAW format:
- EXE, COM, DLL, OCX, LIB, OBJ
PRC and PDB files will be installed as Palm OS compatible applications/databases.