Defend and enhance the performance of your computer
The NEW Norton 2008 products deliver comprehensive security, home network monitoring, performance and more, allowing you to have confidence in your connected world.
Norton SystemWorks Standard Edition 11.0 gives you the ability to relax. Ever accidentally delete a file? Wonder why your computer was acting sluggish? Worry about viruses, spyware, and worms? Symantec's Norton SystemWorks Standard Edition takes care of those headaches, and more. You are free to do what you want on your computer - create a music collection, design a scrapbook, play the latest games. Meanwhile, Norton SystemWorks Standard Edition finds and fixes problems and gets rid of dangerous spyware and viruses automatically.
Key Technologies Included:
- Norton AntiVirus 2008
- Norton Utilities
- One-Button Checkup
- System Optimizer
- SONAR (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response technology. Delivers behavior-based protection that can detect emerging spyware and viruses even before traditional signature-based definitions are available.
- Start, scan, and run faster. Norton AntiVirus 2008 includes improved performance which delivers an enhanced online experience.
- Get help fast. One click access to expert support - right from your Norton AntiVirus 2008 product.
- Norton AntiVirus 2008 - Blocks viruses and spyware automatically with advanced protection and enhanced performance
- Norton Utilities - Diagnoses and fixes computer problems
- One-Button Checkup - Lets you enjoy your computer at its best, making sure it’s clean, repaired, and running at top speed with the click of a button
- Norton Cleanup - Quickly and permanently removes unwanted Internet clutter, temporary files, and other private information about Internet activity
- Process Viewer - Allows you to easily see what software processes are running on your system, and which ones are affecting its overall performance
- System Optimizer - Puts you in charge of Windows by allowing you to control access to Windows settings
- CheckIt Diagnostics - Performs a physical examination of the hardware to determine its stability and capability
- SONAR (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) technology delivers enhanced protection that identifies new threats based on their behavior. NEW
- Prevents virus-infected emails from spreading
- Finds and removes hidden threats
- Automatically detects and fixes Windows problems
- Defragments and optimizes your hard drive for better performance
- Cleans up unwanted cookies, cache files, and temporary files that slow your computer's performance
- Gives you control over Windows settings and processes on your system
- * LiveUpdate Notice alerts you to product updates and threat advisories as available throughout the renewable service period
* 1 Year Protection: With this service, you receive the right to use this product on one PC or on the specified number of PCs during the service period, which begins upon initial installation. This renewable service includes protection updates and new versions of this product as available throughout the service period, subject to acceptance of the Symantec License Agreement included with this product
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- 300MHz or higher processor
- 256MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
- 400MB of available hard disk space
Must meet the minimum Windows Vista operating system requirements
Required for all installations
- CD-ROM or DVD drive for software distribution on media
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (minimum version 6.0 required)
- Super VGA (800x600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor
Supported instant messaging clients for Norton AntiVirus:
- AOL 4.7 or higher
- Yahoo! 5.x or higher
- Microsoft 6.x or higher
- Trillion 3.x or higher
NOTE: This title is non-returnable once the software package has been opened.
By NotNorton from Austin, TX on 3/13/2009
Primary Use: Personal
Cons: Hard To Install or Upgrade
Describe Yourself: Quality Oriented
You said nothing inflammatory, So Nothing.
Symantec sure isn't Peter Norton anymore
By Larry from Liverpool, NY on 12/17/2008
Primary Use: Business
Pros: Easy To Install, Fast, Easy To Navigate
Describe Yourself: Quality Oriented
Most of the most useful Norton Utilities are gone (like UnErase) But Disk Doctor still found enough of the Files to which a virus on a buddy's laptop destroyed the Directory Entries that I could recover all 86 of the useful ones in an afternoon. This is still way better than anything written by Microsoft could do!