Serif DrawPlus X5
Digital art and design made
Serif DrawPlus X5 is the powerful and versatile graphics studio that is perfect for digital art, illustration, and painting. With easy-to-use tools, this software provides everything you need to express your creativity. You can easily draw vector art, sketch ideas, design logos and graphics, paint naturally, turn photos into artwork, create animations, plus much more. DrawPlus X5's new graphics engine enables you to create high-quality artwork faster than ever before. With Serif DrawPlus X5, open, edit and share files in industry-standard formats, tailor your projects for print or the web, and produce amazing digital designs and artwork, at any size, whatever your level of experience.
New and Improved
- Accelerated Graphics Technology - Serif’s new Accelerated Graphics Technology powers every aspect of DrawPlus for superior performance, accuracy, and color handling. Your images will render faster and more accurately with perfect colors so changes to your drawings are instant and your projects will always look great on-screen and in print.
- Shape Builder - Add or subtract objects to create complex shapes. The Shape Builder tool makes it easy to combine two or more objects at once.
- Targeted Insert - Specify whether new objects, pen lines, brush strokes, and text will be created inside, behind, or in front of a selected object.
- Depth Slider - Control how objects are stacked. The new Depth Slider provides a fast and easy way to arrange elements.
- Blend Tool - Create complex patterns quickly. The Blend Tool can now follow a path so blended objects can track any shape, line, or stroke.
- Pen Tool - Customize drawn lines. Three drawing modes – Smooth, Smart, and Line – give greater control over the shape of curves.
- Graphic Styles - Apply Graphic Styles to objects and text to quickly change edges, shadows, lines, transparency and more.
- QuickShape Creator - Specify the size, style, and corner values of a QuickShape before adding it to your page.
- Full CMYK Support - Optimize your drawings and designs for professional printing – DrawPlus now supports end-to-end CMYK documents.
- Composite Effects - Create stunning visual effects with full control of group transparency and blending.
- Text Handling - Create professional-looking documents easily using OpenType fonts and superscript/subscript text attributes.
- Solo Mode - Perform multi-level editing by focusing on any part of your project in isolation, even if it’s partially hidden.
- Pixel Grid - Performing precise edits is even easier. The pixel grid automatically displays at 700% zoom.
- Ruler Guides - Insert, move, and delete your layout guides more easily with the improved ruler guide management.
- Improved User Interface - Finding the tools you need is easier than ever with the option to display larger tool icons.
- Printer Preview Options - Change the document size and layout or add pre-press settings without the need to redesign your project.
- Powerful tools that work effortlessly
- Customizable workspace and keyboard shortcuts
- On-screen 'How To' guides and tutorials
- Design using layers for advanced document composition
- Graphic Styles and Blend Modes for high-end results
- Advanced color management and full CMYK color separation
- Create high-quality artwork for print and the web
- Handles industry-standard file formats
- Import, edit and export PDF documents
Get Started Quickly
- DrawPlus makes it easy to create outstanding designs in less time
- Designed for both experienced designers and drawing novices
- Pre-set document types including posters, greetings cards and banners, to kick start your designs
- You can always create custom projects from scratch
- Personalized workspace profiles and sliding tabs can be arranged to suit the way you work
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts make it quick to select your favorite tools
- 'How To' guides provide instant on-screen assistance, plus there is a wealth of video and online tutorials available
Powerful Tools for Drawing and Painting
- Use a graphics tablet or your mouse to sketch and trace designs
- Edit lines and apply smoothing to avoid shaky lines
- Many natural-looking media brushes like pencil, charcoal and pastels for digital painting
- Photo-quality paint splats, glitter, stitching, grass, fire, clouds and more
- Pressure settings on your graphics tablet can be calibrated in the built-in Pressure Studio to enhance your natural drawing style
- Instantly draw common shapes then change their color, transparency, and edges or morph any shape to create amazing custom designs
- Choose whether lines appear inside, outside, or behind a nominated object, making it much easier to add detail in and around any element
Design Web Graphics and Animations
- Create graphics that are optimized for the web
- Make professional-quality buttons and banners with hover and click states
- Assign links to different regions of an image- great for large web banners
- Preview your newly made graphic in a web browser
- Make animations, cartoons, screensavers and more using keyframe or stopframe techniques
- Export your animation for the web as Flash, or share as a QuickTime MOV, WMV or AVI video
Communicate Your Ideas
- Design charts, diagrams, plans and more
- Handy connection lines that automatically attach to objects and dimension lines that show the distance between two objects
- Create an isometric drawing from scratch or make designs 3D instantly
- Lighting and surface effects can be applied to any object, including text, to create eye catching posters
- Create professional logos and text designs easily
- DrawPlus now supports OpenType fonts and super/subscript text attributes
- You can convert text to curves to individually edit each character
Transform Any Photo
- Use dedicated tools designed to help you transform your photos- no need to switch to a standalone photo editor
- DrawPlus X5 supports common file formats like JPEG, PNG and GIF as well as Adobe Photoshop files and MicrosoftHD Photo files
- Built-in PhotoLab can improve portraits with tools for red eye removal and spot repair and non-destructive adjustments
- Cutout Studio makes it easy to extract people and objects from photos, ready for placing them on different backgrounds
- Turn pictures into instant art using effects that recreate popular styles such as watercolor, expressionism and comic book
- AutoTrace Studio is great for turning photos into high-quality vectors- it is also great if you need to convert logos digitally from paper
Create Professional Designs
- Gives you the flexibility and precision to create professional-quality graphics quickly
- Produce press-ready output with new end-to-end CMYK support
- For designers that want full control and to reduce printing costs, show or hide each of the C, M, Y or K plates for color separation
- Advanced color management, including support for Pantone color profiles, helps to ensure the colors you use will always look the way you intend them
- Build up your drawings with layers to make composing your designs easier and experiment with blend modes
- Create stunning visual effects with full control of group transparency and blending using composite transparency and knockout groups
- Apply non-destructive graphic styles, such as edges, patterns and shadows, to objects
- Easily sample a specific color or gradient with the versatile color picker tool
Share and Collaborate
- DrawPlus X5 makes it quick and easy to share your designs with other artists
- Export Optimizer allows you to tweak settings like quality, size, file type and transparency prior to export
- Export 18 different file types, including JPEG, PNG, TIFF & SVG and PDF
- You artwork can be in the most suitable format for professional printing, uploading, and emailing
- Share your designs online with the DrawPlus.com community
- DrawPlus.com is a dedicated site where artists can show off their drawings, ask for help, and share advice with other DrawPlus users
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP (32-bit only)
- Pentium-class or compatible PC processor (Dual-processor PC technology recommended)
- 512 MB of RAM
- 820 MB of free hard disk space for full install
- 1024 x 768 monitor resolution with 16-bit color depth or higher
- DVD/CD drive
- Note: Additional disk resources and memory are required when editing large or complex documents.
- Note: To enjoy the full benefit of brushes and their textures, you must be using a computer whose processor supports SSE (most modern computers do). On brush selection, an on-screen message will indicate if your computer is non-SSE.
- Windows-compatible printer
- TWAIN-compatible scanner and/or digital camera
- Pressure-sensitive pen tablet (Serif GraphicsPad or equivalent)
- 3D accelerated graphics card with DirectX9 or above or OpenGL support
- Internet account/connection and Adobe Flash Player plug-in required for accessing online resources (Added fees may apply)
- Microsoft 'Windows Imaging Component' required in Windows XP
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review