From the Manufacturer
Boost drive performance. Double storage capacity.
Seagate® Savvio® 15K hard drives leverage a 2.5-inch form factor to deliver pronounced performance advantages and power savings over legacy 3.5-inch drives.
The newest generation, Savvio 15K.3, offers:
- Faster transaction processing to facilitate faster time-to-revenue
- Double data storage capacity (up to 300 GB) over previous generation
- Improved reliability by up to 20% with an annualized failure rate (AFR) of 0.44%
- Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS 140-2 Validated™ SED security options
Step up to higher drive performance.
Savvio 15K.3 drives enable faster transaction processing by improving sequential performance 21% over the previous generation. Additionally, these drives deliver up to 10% faster random reads and up to 8% faster random writes vs. legacy 3.5-inch 15K drives.
Reduce storage system complexity and operating costs.
Savvio 15K drives minimize the number of technologies in use, thereby reducing IT complexity and operating expenses. By leveraging the Unified Storage architecture from Seagate , you can standardize on best-of-breed form factor, interface, and data security.
- Efficient 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF)
- High Performance 6Gb/s SAS interface
- Self-Encrypting Drive data security options
Storage reliability and data security you can trust.
Savvio 15K drives offer field-proven reliability essential in enterprise environments.
Savvio 15K drives also help protect data with features like:
- SED models that help secure data against unauthorized access upon drive loss, theft and retirement
- Protection Information (PI) technology to protect data integrity
Savvio 15K.3 provides key performance advantages.
In addition to significant system-level performance improvements over legacy 3.5-inch drives, Savvio 15K.3 drives feature further enhancements over previous generations.
The Savvio 15K.3 drive goes beyond previous generations to offer:
- Up to 21% improvement in sequential data read/write performance1
- Up to 3% faster random reads and up to 4% faster random writes1
- Double the storage capacity (up to 300GB)
Reduces storage system complexity and operating costs.
Savvio 15K drives leverage the Unified Storage architecture from Seagate to minimize the number of technologies in use, thereby reducing IT complexity and operating expenses.
Storage solutions based on Unified Storage architecture:
- Use fewer components that can break or cause interoperability issues
- Reduce design, qualification and support costs
- Require fewer SKUs to be purchased, inventoried and tracked, reducing administrative effort and expense
Savvio 15K drives also offer these cost-saving advantages:
- 2.5-inch small form factor(SFF)helps reduce power consumption up to 70% compared to 3.5-inch drives
- PowerTrim™ technology dynamically maximizes energy efficiency at all levels of activity – reducing power and cooling costs
- Self-Encrypting Drive2 options reduce drive retirement costs
Data security options.
Savvio 15K hard drives combine unsurpassed reliability with powerful Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and Protection Information (PI) options to help secure data.
SED options offered by Savvio 15K drives secure data-at-rest and can help customers comply with corporate and federal data security mandates. SED technology also eliminates the need to overwrite or physically destroy drives for security purposes. This enables organizations to securely return, repurpose or sell drives, thereby reducing drive retirement costs.
For strict regulatory data security compliance requirements, FIPS 140-2 Validated™ SED2 options are available. These models are NIST certified to secure Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data.
The PI3 technology ensures that data cannot be modified during the storage process.
Perfect when you need to:
- Build high-performance servers and storage arrays that manage hot and warm data
- Create blade, rack or tower servers to host transaction-based applications
- Deliver solutions for power- and space-constrained data centers
- Upgrade systems for increased data security
- Transition from legacy 3.5-inch systems to more efficient 2.5-inch solutions
- Minimize system complexity and reduce operating costs with Unified Storage architecture from Seagate
|Formatted Capacity||146.8 GB|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||15000|
|Transfer Rate, Max Ext (MB/s)||600|
|Sustained Data Rate OD||152 MB/s|
|Average Latency (ms)||2.0|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||1 in 10 16|
|Idle, Typical Operating (W)||4.37|
|Operating||5 to 55 °C|
|Non-operating||-40 to 70 °C|
|Operating: Gs (ms)||20 (2ms)|
|Non-operating: Gs (ms)||300 (2ms)|
|Acoustics (bels - sound power)|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||15000RPM|
|Maximum Operating Shock||20Gs|
|Average Operating Power||7.22W|
Seagate Savvio 2.5-inch 15K drive is the highest-performing, greenest drive for enterprise storage systems, providing a 115 percent improvement in system-level performance. The Savvio 15K.2 drive offers the advanced SAS 2.0 interface and operates at 6-Gb/s transfer rates. SAS 2.0 provides the next generation of signal and data integrity features, making SAS ideally suited for use in high-end network storage applications.
|Storage Capacity:||146 GB|
|Maximum External Data Transfer Rate:||600 MBps (4.7 Gbps)|
|Rotational Speed:||15000 rpm|
|Drive Interface Standard:||6Gb/s SAS|
|Weight (Approximate):||7.09 oz|
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.