Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition - Windows Media
Business backup and recovery
For the busy business, Symantec Backup Exec Small Business Edition replaces confusion with confidence, offering complete data protection set-up in less than 10 minutes through three simple steps. An intuitive wizard-based approach provides all of the disaster recovery capabilities needed in a Windows environment in less than 10 clicks. Should disaster strike - large or small - Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition is immediately ready to restore your business at any scale, from full system to individual files, quickly. Simple yet comprehensive, Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition is packaged with the needs of small businesses in mind, supporting any Windows Server or Windows Small Business Server environment, and providing total protection in a single-license for Microsoft Exchange, Active, Directory, SQL Server, SharePoint, and Hyper-V Applications. Symantec Backup Exec Small Business Edition combines a winning track record in physical server recovery with innovative technology for emerging Hyper-V virtual systems, covering the business you have today and the growth you anticipate for tomorrow.
- Data protection in 3 simple steps
- Rapid recovery
- Trusted backup
- Data Protection in 3 Simple Steps for Windows Servers and Windows Small Business Server environments
- In less than 10 minutes Backup Exec replaces confusion with confidence: your business critical data is covered.
- In the event of disaster or delay, Backup Exec means total control, quick and complete
- Rapid system recovery and data retrieval, from an individual file to a full server, through one console
- Trusted protection for Exchange, Active Directory, SQL Server, SharePoint, and Hyper-V Applications at no added cost
- Expandable support for Windows Small Business Server Premium Add-ons or larger server infrastructures
- Bundles Symantec’s leading technology for backup and recovery into an affordable solution that’s designed specifically for up to 3 servers/applications whether physical or virtual.
- Complete support of disk or tape storage environments
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
Server Operating System
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 Family
- Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 R2 Family
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 Family
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Family
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Family
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2003 (SP1) (SP1 is min for support of SQLExpress 2005)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 R2 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 and Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 (R2)
- VMware ESX, ESXi 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 (Guest machine, agent-based backup only)
Client Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business & Enterprise) (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible
- Minimum Required: 512 MB of RAM
- Recommended: 1 GB of RAM (or more for better performance)
- Note: RAM Requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration
- Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB minimum (dedicated) for the multilingual version
Virtual Memory Recommendations
- 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes)
Installation Disk Space
- 1.75 GB (includes all options)
- Note: Disk space requirements may vary depending on operations performed, the options installed, and the specific system configuration. Backup Exec Database and Catalogs will require additional space
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later (SQL Express 2005 requires Internet Explorer
- Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card
- DVD-ROM drive
- (Recommended) A mouse
- (Optional for printer notification) Printer supported by Microsoft Windows
- Backup Exec requires at least one storage media drive and/or single-drive robotic library.
- Removable storage devices and non-removable hard drives can also be targeted for backups.
- Note: Support for a single robotic library drive is available when you purchase Backup Exec. To enable support for additional robotic library drives, you must purchase Backup Exec Library Expansion Option.
NOTE: This title is non-returnable once the software package has been opened.
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review