Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional 12 (STATE & LOCAL GOVERNMENT)
Manage your professional
world by voice
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional 12 enterprise speech recognition software lets users create documents and control their PC by voice, three time faster than typing, to drive productivity and cost savings. Create or modify documents, manage email, search the Web, or automate business processes. Even dictate into a digital voice recorder or compatible iOS device and Dragon will transcribe the audio files. Dragon Professional is the ideal solution for corporate professionals who want to work faster and smarter.
New and Improved
- Administrators can obtain a recognition log file for each end-user, to easily and quickly gather rich, objective usage information which can be used to give users targeted advice and measure return on investment.
- Dragon’s Auto-Transcribe Folder Agent (ATFA) manages the flow of transcribed text and synchronized audio of digital voice recordings to streamline third-party review and correction.
- Dragon’s ATFA supports .DOC and .RTF as output formats, in addition to .TXT
- Can run a script (such as an email notification) when a transcription is complete
- The “Roaming” configuration allows dictation and third-party correction from different network locations and computing devices while ensuring centralized management of master user profiles.
Export Custom Words
- You can choose to export word properties in XML format when you export custom word lists for reuse in other user profiles.
Remote Desktop Connection
- Dragon now supports remote use on a computer running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7 Ultimate. With Microsoft’s free Remote Desktop Connection software, you can use Dragon from a local Windows computer on which Dragon itself is not installed. While Dragon is running on the server, multiple Windows clients can use it simultaneously.
Even More Accurate
- Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy, which means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever. And when you do need to make a correction, Dragon learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it.
Faster Than Ever
- If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
- Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before.
Enhanced Web Mail
- Dragon 12 enhances the experience of using your voice with the most popular web-based email applications, Gmail and Hotmail/Outlook.com, offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer (32-bit, versions 9 and 10), Firefox, and Chrome
Keeping Up With New Releases
- Dragon 12 includes support for some of the latest and greatest recent releases, including Windows 8, Office 2013, and Internet Explorer 10.
- The Interactive Tutorial in Dragon 12 offers short progressive simulations to help you practice good dictation, correction, and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Even experienced Dragon users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
Wideband Blutooth Support
- Dragon 12 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones, and you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the PC, Dragon 12 offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started.
Option to Automate the Dictation Box
- Dragon can automatically display this resizable intermediary box when you dictate into a text field for which it does not have Full Text Control; that way, you can enjoy Dragon capabilities such as Direct Editing commands and capitalization of the first word.
Smart Format Rules
- Dragon now reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections, abbreviations, numbers, and more, so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
More Natural Text-to-Speech
- Dragon 12’s natural-sounding Text-To-Speech reads editable text, with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control, for easy proofing and multi-tasking.
- When it comes to correcting a word or phrase, Dragon now includes more choices to make it quicker and easier to make a change.
Dragon Remote Mic - Now for Android
- Dragon 12 lets you go wireless with an iOS or Android device and the free Dragon Remote Microphone App. Turn you compatible iPhone, iPod Touch (4th gen), iPad, or Android device into a wireless microphone for use with Dragon over a WiFi network. And it's easier than ever to get started, simply use the camera on your device to scan the barcode that Dragon 12 provides on-screen.
- Up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- Creation of documents, reports, spreadsheets, or messages just by speaking
- Ability to compose emails or search the Web for information faster than ever with Dragon Voice Shortcuts
- Nuance Text-to-Speech technology that reads on-screen text in human-sounding synthesized speech
- Creation of custom commands for inserting frequently used text and graphics or automating routine data entry
- Ability to use Dragon with a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder and automatically transcribe your recorded voice
- Support for Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, and virtually any other Windows application
- Audio playback of your dictation with the associated transcription highlighted on the screen for easier proofreading and correction
- Ability to import/export custom word lists that can include commonly used proper names or industry-specific terminology
- Administrative security options to enable only select users to modify vocabularies; add/modify/create custom commands; and view/edit/export custom commands
- Remote management of wordlists, custom commands and vocabularies (Nsadmin.exe and Data Distribution Tool wizard)
Ignite Productivity with Fast, Accurate Dictation
- Dictate naturally to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, email and more, three times faster than typing, with up to 99% recognition accuracy.
- Import and share custom word lists with unique names, acronyms and terminology tailored to your business or industry. Intelligent reminders prompt you to initiate analysis of documents and emails so Dragon adapts to the words and phrases you are likely to use.
- Correcting or revising dictated text is fast and simple, too. Natural-sounding Text-to-Speech reads editable text, with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control, for easy proofing and multi-tasking. Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections, abbreviations, numbers, and more, so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
- The software automatically updates your voice profile based on your dictation sessions and corrections to deliver continuous accuracy improvements. The more you use Dragon 12, the better it transcribes your speech.
- Dragon even takes advantage of the latest PC multi-core processors to further boost speech recognition performance.
Ignite Proficiency and Ease of Use
- The interactive tutorial in Dragon 12 Professional presents simulations to help users learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes.
- The Dragon Help system contains a Tip of the Day window and other easy ways for you to quickly learn more.
- The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location.
- And on-screen help means information is always available when you need it.
Ignite Convenience By Using Business-Critical Applications
- You can use Dragon 12 Professional with many of the Windows applications you use every day.
- Dictate, edit and format text in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice Writer, or Corel, WordPerfect, work with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint, create email, tasks and meetings in Microsoft Outlook, search the Web using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, post to Facebook or Twitter, and more, all by voice.
- Dragon 12 even enhances the experience of using your voice with the most popular web-based email applications, Gmail and Hotmail/Outlook.com, offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer (32-bit, versions 9 and 10), Firefox and Chrome
- Dragon 12 also works with industry-specific programs like case management, incident reporting, and claims management systems.
Ignite Control With Voice Shortcuts and Custom Commands
- Use simple voice commands to create files, send email, schedule tasks and meetings, open and close applications, save and convert documents, and search the Web or your computer with remarkable speed and ease.
- Dragon Voice Shortcuts let you obtain the equivalent of multiple keystrokes and mouse clicks with a single voice command that can be spoken at any time, no matter what is active on your screen. For example, say: “Send email to John Smith and Raphael Sanchez” or “Search maps for financial advisors in Boston, Massachusetts” and Dragon makes it happen.
- In addition, you can easily create or import custom voice commands that let you fill out forms, insert frequently used text and graphics, control application elements like menus and toolbars, or automate business processes.
Ignite Mobility and Flexibility
- For advanced recording functionality, dictate into a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder, from anywhere, at any time, and Dragon will automatically transcribe the text.
- Use the free Dragon Recorder app to record high-quality audio files using your existing Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad (4th gen)
- You can even use the free Dragon Remote app and use your compatible iOS or Android device as a wireless microphone to provide ultimate convenience
Ignite Better Business with an Enterprise-Ready Solution
- Dragon 12 Professional provides security features, configuration options, and administrative tools that make it easy to manage voice profiles, custom vocabularies and commands, feature access, and multiple installations over a network.
- It can even let administrators obtain a recognition log file for each end-user, to easily and quickly gather rich, objective usage information which can be used to give users targeted advice and measure return on investment.
Ignite Accessibility for All Employees
- Dragon 12 Professional is Section 508 certified, enabling you to meet government-mandated accessibility requirements for workers with disabilities. It also helps prevent fatigue and repetitive stress injuries and keeps more employees on the job by offering a comfortable, ergonomic option to the keyboard and mouse.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit; 7 SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit; Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit; XP SP3, 32-bit only; Server 2008 SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit; Server 2008 R2 SP2, 64-bit; Server 2012 Standard Edition, 64-bit
- 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor
- 2 GB or more of RAM for 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008
- 4 GB or more of RAM for 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012
- 2 MB or more L2 cache
- 3.2 GB of available hard disk space
- 16-bit or higher sound card
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher to view the software’s Online Help
- DVD-ROM Drive
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling microphone.
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review