Adobe FrameMaker 11 for Windows - Upgrade from FrameMaker 10
possibilities in XML/DITA and unstructured authoring
Adobe FrameMaker 11 for Windows is a best-in-class authoring and publishing solution with one of the lowest transition costs and highest ROI for migration to XML. Use the new XML Code View to natively author structured content. Collaborate with PDF-based roundtrip reviews. Manage content with out-of-the-box CMS integration. Publish to multiple channels, formats, and screens via HTML5 using Adobe FrameMaker Publishing Server 11 or Adobe Technical Communication Suite 4.
New and Improved
- Native XML Code View
- Author View
- XSLT 2.0 Support
- XPath 2.0 Support
- Rapid Authoring
- Comprehensive DITA Support
- Integration with Content Management Systems (CMSs)
- Publishing Virtually Anywhere
- Smart Paste
- WYSIWYG View
- Object Styles
- Enhanced Video Support
- Assisted Authoring with Banner Text
- Linked 3D Graphics
- Easily author XML/DITA content
- Increase enterprise productivity
- Do even more with rich multimedia
- Publish to multiple channels, formats, and screens
Easily Author XML/DITA Content - Use the XML Code View, Author View, or WYSIWYG View depending on your role. Enjoy powerful XML authoring with XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 support, and Banner Text. Create customized information models with a range of DITA 1.2 enhancements.
- Native XML Code View - Dive directly into XML code using the Code View. Exercise complete control over XML documents with a host of editing features, including customized toolbars, inline attribute editor, automated tracking of errors, Intelliprompt of attributes and elements, search using XPath, and advanced XSLT features.
- XSLT 2.0 support - Create a variety of transformation scenarios by applying pre-defined or customized XSLT to XML files. Execute these transformations using a range of JAXP-compliant processors, such as Xalan and Saxon. Define the scope of the transformation—a file, all files of a folder, DITA map or all children of a book.
- XPath 2.0 support - Eliminate the need to browse through numerous lines of XML code. Use the XPath Pod to find your elements and automatically apply functions to them. Customize your query builder, get suggestions, define the scope of queries, use the history dropdown feature, and save search results for greater productivity.
- Comprehensive DITA support - Meet consistency and authoring needs as well as specific output requirements. Create customized information models with automatic generation of DITA 1.2 elements (such as titles, tables of content and indexes), page rounding and numbering. Easily publish DITA maps to various output formats (Purchased separately).
- Author View - Focus on writing without bothering about page breaks and text formatting. Use the Author View to speed up content creation prior to customizing appearance and output.
- WYSIWYG View - Prepare your documentation for publishing and sharing with the user community. Use the WYSIWYG View to apply and modify styles, themes, and formats. Render your content as intended and see it as your users will.
- Assisted authoring with Banner Text - Speed up authoring with customizable Banner Text suggestions for various content elements that eliminate the need for constantly referring to the document structure. Help authors of different backgrounds and skill levels create content consistently in a multi-authoring environment.
- Book and structured book capabilities - Employ an intuitive user interface for books, as well as tools for hierarchical books and books within books. Incorporate XML files and other structured FrameMaker documents, and reference DITA maps or bookmaps.
- Intuitive user interface - Work more efficiently thanks to a highly user-oriented interface design. Use floating toolbars and control bars, dock your most frequently used dialog boxes for quick access, and create workspaces customized to your workflow.
- Fully integrated authoring environment - Create, edit, and publish technical content with powerful features for automatic numbering, cross-referencing, creating tables of contents, indexes, books, and more. Automate formatting via templates, and easily integrate tables, graphs, and images.
- Powerful, scalable single sourcing - Effortlessly single-source variations of the same document for different channels and purposes. Build and use complex Boolean expressions to define output filters in topic-based, structured, and unstructured modes.
- Filtering by attribute - Enable better management and reuse of content by taking advantage of support for multivalued attributes and the ability to import expressions from one document to another.
- Formats and format overrides - Manage formats for paragraphs, characters, and tables from the existing catalog or create displayable custom lists. Create new formats and delete or override those that are unused or not useful.
- Enhanced attribute editor - Define and edit attributes for declarations in markup to perform multiple functions: record the status of content within elements, allow cross-referencing between elements, or specify how to format an element.
- Enhanced tag view - Easily view all elements in a collapsible format, even in document view. Hide or collapse parent and child elements individually or simultaneously. Search through and open elements, including those that are collapsed.
- Text drag-and-drop and background color - Drag text, elements, and rows and columns from tables and drop them into new documents or applications to save time. Emphasize and highlight important sections of text by adding color to the background.
- Table catalog creation - Manage and apply table formats with enhanced table catalog creation. View all table formats present in your document and apply or delete them easily.
- Structure Application Creation Wizard - Benefit from a basic infrastructure for working with structured FrameMaker. With this highly intuitive, UI-based tool, users can start working with structured FrameMaker even if they don’t have any prior knowledge or training.
- Change tracking at book level - Save time with a host of powerful features to review and track changes across an entire book. Navigate through a review by accepting individual changes or all changes, using review icons, and view and edit changes from selected users.
Increase Enterprise Productivity - Create high-impact enterprise content faster with productivity features for individual contributors and collaborating teams. Improve throughput using API-based connectivity with CMSs, automatic content suggestions, Smart Paste, Quick Catalogs, error-tracking, and scripting.
- Rapid authoring - Speed up XML authoring with a range of productivity features such as Intelliprompt of elements and attributes, template based structure suggestions, automatic insertion of end tags, dynamic validation, and pretty printing. Work faster with large XML/DITA files and DITA maps in multiauthoring environments.
- Integration with Content Management Systems (CMSs) - Smoothly integrate with best-of-breed CMSs like EMC Documentum and Microsoft SharePoint via built-in connectors, and others using third-party plug-ins. Get a set of APIs to connect your enterprise authoring environment with virtually any CMS. Improve searchability of content with custom metadata.
- Smart Paste - Author structured content faster. Convert unstructured content to a structured format with Smart Paste (Microsoft Word and Excel and HTML to DITA, and HTML tables to FrameMaker tables).
- Quick Catalogs - Use Quick Catalogs for single-click insertion of the entire linear tree hierarchy of an element and applying styles to paragraphs, characters, variables, and conditional text.
- PDF-based reviews - Participate in collaborative PDF-based roundtrip reviews using the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Cloud. Share, aggregate and incorporate comments faster in multi-author, multi-reviewer environments.
- Enhanced importing of comments from PDF files - Import comments with type highlights retained from PDF files into Adobe FrameMaker 11 with the Text Background Color feature.
- Automation through scripting - Easily automate time-consuming, repetitive tasks through advanced scripting support with Adobe ExtendScript. Run scripts for simple tasks from within Adobe FrameMaker or through the ExtendScript Toolkit to eliminate manual effort and help increase productivity.
- Usability enhancements - Work more efficiently with popular standards-compliant, prebuilt tools and templates designed for easier authoring. Use utilities like Auto Spell Check, Highlight Support, scrolling for lengthy dialogue, and enhanced Find and Replace to get the job done faster and smarter.
- Structure-level comparison of documents - Compare any two documents through the Compare Documents user interface—changes are marked through Track Text Edits in the composite document.
Do Even More with Rich Multimedia - Enrich your content with interactive media for a superior user experience. Augment content with MP4, FLV, and SWF videos, Object Styles, and images. Create interlinked documents with Hotspots and linked 3D images for better browsing and readability.
- Enhanced video support - Develop richer, more engaging technical content by adding a variety of high-impact multimedia features. Enjoy robust support for video content in MP4, FLV, and SWF formats. Customize videos by selecting posters and creating links (FLV and SWF) with text, to play, pause, or jump.
- Hotspots - Create linked documents with better readability and usability by inserting Hotspots over images, vector illustrations, and objects, or parts of them. Also convert shapes to Hotspots. On clicking on these Hotspots, your users will be guided to other relevant parts of the document.
- Linked 3D graphics - Create a richer user experience when working with 3D graphics by linking them with relevant parts of a document. Enable users to switch between parts of 3D graphics and the associated descriptions by inserting bi-directional links. Play 3D animations by clicking on the text.
- Object Styles - Create, save, and apply Object Styles to give your content a consistent look and feel. Apply a wide variety of predefined styles to objects such as images, anchored frames, graphic objects, text frames, text lines, and equations. Easily update properties and change the styles of multiple objects by applying Object Styles to them.
Publish to Multiple Channels, Formats, and Screens - Publish HTML5 content virtually anywhere with Adobe FrameMaker Publishing Server 11 or Adobe Technical Communication Suite 4. Output to almost any device by simply specifying the screen size and layout. Preview and optimize content display for better readability.
- Publishing virtually anywhere - Publish content to multiple channels, formats, and screens using HTML5 integration built into Adobe FrameMaker Publishing Server 11 or Adobe Technical Communication Suite 4 (Purchased separately). Deliver content to iPad and other tablets, smartphones, and desktops in a wide range of popular formats. Create print-ready CMYK PDFs.
- Publishing DITA maps to books - Easily publish your DITA content to professional looking output. Generate nested books and books with flat components. Create attractive book content from DITA maps by automatically generating titles, tables of content, applying number properties, and page rounding.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Windows XP (SP3), Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Intel Pentium 4 or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended)
- 1.7 GB of available hard disk space
- Additional hard disk space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- 1024x768 screen resolution (1200x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- DVD-ROM drive
- This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to Online Services (additional fees may apply) Phone activation is not available.
- Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, 2010
- Adobe Acrobat 8, 9, X, or XI
- EMC Documentum 6.7
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Serve 2007 SP2, Microsoft SharePoint Serve 2010
NOTE: This title is non-returnable once the software package has been opened. This title is a license to upgrade to Adobe FrameMaker 11 from Adobe FrameMaker 10.
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review