Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition (DVD)
Build great apps on top of
SQL Server, the world-class database platform
[Licensed for use by 1 User on 1 PC as a Development and Test System]
The Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition delivers comprehensive high-end datacenter capabilities for demanding databases and business intelligence requirements. It includes all the functionality of the Enterprise edition, but is licensed for use as a development and test system, not as a production server. SQL Server Developer is an ideal choice for people who build and test applications. This edition is a per-developer access license.
Run Demanding Workloads
- Required 9s - Deliver required uptime and data protection, server to cloud without wasting time and money. New AlwaysOn is a unified high availability and disaster recovery solution that helps deliver greater uptime, faster failover, and gain better use of hardware resources.
- Blazing-Fast Performance - Experience up to 10-100x improvements in performance with xVelocity in-memory technologies for both Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence while speed built into the engine helps enable fast access to data within unstructured data.
- Organizational Compliance and Security - Help enable security and compliance with built-in security and IT controls. Increased manageability related to auditing with audit resilience, filtering, user-defined audit, and enablement across all SQL Server editions helps better facilitate compliance while new fine-grained control over data access can better support data access policies.
- Peace of Mind - Help ensure peace of mind with the right product tools, premier services and support offerings, a trusted partner ecosystem, and a wealth of no-fee tools. SQL Server 2012 delivers capabilities and programs that help ensure last mile excellence like new Distributed Replay for production-like testing, updated management packs for System Center Operations Manager, and Premier Support options.
Unlock Breakthrough Insights
- Rapid Data Exploration and Visualization - Discover new insights at the speed of thought with Power View, a highly interactive, familiar browser-based data exploration, visualization, and presentation experience for users of all levels, Additionally, Power Pivot helps empower users to access and mash-up data from virtually any source, including Big Data sources using familiar tools.
- Managed Self-Service BI - Balance the need to monitor, manage, and govern the data and analytics end users create with IT dashboards controls across SQL Server and Microsoft SharePoint that help IT monitor end user activity, data source usage, and gather performance metrics from servers. New to SQL Server 2012, IT can also transform end user-created BI applications in Power Pivot into corporate-grade solutions managed by IT.
- Credible, Consistent Data - IT can better control and manage data through a new BI Semantic Model and enhancements to SQL Server Integration Services. Meanwhile, new Data Quality Services uses organizational knowledge and 3rd party reference data providers to reliably cleanse data and a new Master Data Services Add-in for Excel makes it easier for end users to manage and maintain central data.
- Big Data Analytics and Scalable Data Warehousing - SQL Server 2012 supports structured data on scalable relational database and data warehouse offerings, and via Big Data connectors, supports unstructured data on an Enterprise-ready Hadoop distribution. Meanwhile data warehouse reference architectures and appliances can offer incredible price/TB and help speed time to solution.
Enable IT Ingenuity
- Scale on Demand - Scale on demand with flexible and hybrid deployment options, on your terms, server to cloud. Gain operational flexibility with proven Microsoft cloud offerings, private or public, that deliver interoperable deployment options with SQL Server 2012 Enterprise.
- Optimized Productivity - Optimize IT and developer productivity across server and cloud with common tools. New SQL Server Data Tools offers an integrated development experience across on-premises and public cloud. Additionally, Management Studio helps IT manage efficiently at scale with a wealth of database management tools, now with added support for snapshot backups to the cloud and connection points with Windows Azure SQL Database.
- Extend Any Data, Anywhere - SQL Server 2012 supports relational and non-relational data, including Big Data sources like Hadoop. Additionally, customers can extend heterogeneous environments using any industry standard APIs (ADO.NET, ODBC, JDBC, PDO, and ADO) across varied platforms including .NET, C/C++, Java, Linux, and PHP.
Windows System Requirements
- Windows Server 2012 64-bit x64 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 64-bit x64 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit x64 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit x64 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit x64 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit x64 Web
- x86 1.0 GHz processor or faster (2.0 Ghz or faster recommended)
- 6 GB of available hard disk space
- Super-VGA (800x600) or higher resolution monitor
- DVD drive
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- .NET 3.5 SP1 is a requirement for SQL Server 2012 when you select Database Engine, Reporting Services, Master Data Services, Data Quality Services, Replication, or SQL Server Management Studio, and it is no longer installed by SQL Server Setup. (NET 4.0 is a requirement for SQL Server 2012. SQL Server installs .NET 4.0 during the feature installation step.)
- Windows PowerShell 2.0 is an installation prerequisite for Database Engine components and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Virtualization: Within the Hyper-V role on Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or Windows Server 2012, a maximum of four virtual processors can be allocated to virtual machines running Windows Server 2008 SP2 32-bit/64-bit or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit or Windows Server 2012 64-bit editions
- WOW64 Support: On a supported 64-bit operating system, SQL Server 32-bit edition can be installed to the WOW64 32-bit subsystem of a 64-bit server. WOW64 is supported only for stand-alone instances of SQL Server. WOW64 is not supported for SQL Server failover cluster installations. For SQL Server 64-bit edition installations on supported 64-bit operating systems, Management Tools are supported in WOW64
NOTE: This title is non-returnable once the software package has been opened.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review