Abbyy FineReader 11 Professional Edition OCR Software
Watch productivity take off
Abbyy FineReader 11 Professional Edition OCR Software is the latest version of an award-winning OCR software that creates editable, searchable files and e-books from scans of paper documents, PDFs and digital photographs. Easily convert documents to essentially eliminate retyping, change, update, and use information locked in PDF files, and use one-click automation that enables you to do more with fewer steps. You can use your digital camera or mobile phone as a portable “scanner” to capture text from hardcopy documents, books, newspapers, as well as from banners, posters and other media. Then, with Abbyy FineReader, you can convert your camera images into electronic text files for editing, archiving, creating new documents and other purposes. In the newest version of Abbyy FineReader, Abbyy FineReader 11 Professional Edition OCR Software brings you new levels of speed and accuracy that deliver unmatched recognition and conversion, virtually eliminating retyping or reformatting.
New and Improved
- Gain Speed, Raise Quality - Abbyy FineReader 11 now converts scans, PDFs and digital camera images into editable and searchable formats up to 45% faster than before with new Black and white processing mode. Improved Fast Reading mode is up to 70% faster than Thorough Reading mode, and documents with Asian languages can now be processed up to 40% faster.
- Convenient E-book Creation - Convert paper books, articles and other files you want bundled together into EPUB and FB2 formats, optimized for e-readers and smartphones. Send electronic books directly to your Amazon Kindle account or electronic archive.
- Enhanced Interface for Intuitive Use - Increase your productivity with intuitive interface guiding you directly to the result. An enhanced Verification and improved Style Editor tools make it easy to manage text styles and verify accuracy.
- Advanced Camera OCR for Better Text Capture on the Fly - Enjoy improved accuracy and layout retention of photos with text or documents, taken with standard digital or smartphone cameras.
- Enhanced PDF Conversion for Reliable Archiving - Benefit from one of three pre-defined PDF saving modes: Best Quality, Compact Size or Balanced. Enhanced MRC compression reduces file size up to 80% better than the previous version with virtually no quality degradation.
- Export to DjVu for Easy Reading or Archiving - Abbyy FineReader 11 enables saving to DjVu, delivering high-quality, readable images requiring minimum of space.
- Enjoy More Accurate Formatting with Enhanced ADRT - Complex documents with tables or charts — such as financial reports are no match for FineReader’s enhanced Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT). The new technology detects and preserves vertical headers, accurately re-creates text in margins and preserves overall layout and formatting when converting to your preferred file format.
- Scan and Convert Documents to OpenOffice.org Writer - Convert images and PDFs directly to OpenOffice.org Writer format with their native layout and formatting accurately preserved.
- Easier Bulk Document Processing - Scan a batch of mixed-type documents all at once and arrange them into separate files with our new Split Document Tool.
- More Powerful Image Editing - Improve image quality with new image-processing tools including brightness and contrast selection and tonal values adjusting for an optimal OCR result. Apply changes to all or selected pages at once.
- New Recognition Languages - Convert multilingual documents in any combination of 189 languages including new Arabic (Modern Standard), Vietnamese and Turkmen (Latin).
- Enhanced Screenshot Reader - Instantly capture images and texts on the screen – and now preserve the exact size of the original screenshot. Available for registered users.
- Convert scans and PDFs to searchable files - Convert documents with unmatched recognition accuracy, virtually eliminating retyping.
- Unlock information in PDF files - Easily change, update and use information locked in PDF files.
- Get more done with fewer steps - Intuitive use and one-click automation enables you to do more with fewer steps.
- Windows 8 ready - Abbyy FineReader 11 Professional Edition is compatible with Windows 8. Both 32 and 64 bit systems are supported.
- Greater Speed and Accuracy - Convert documents into editable text and searchable PDFs with up to 99.8% recognition accuracy. New Black and White mode delivers up to 45% faster results compared to FineReader 10.
- Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT) for Less Retyping and Reformatting - FineReader 11 precisely re-creates multi-page document structures and formatting, including text size and font styles, tables and diagrams, columns, headers, footers, footnotes, page numbers and more.
- Fast, Accurate and Secure PDF Conversion - FineReader 11 efficiently converts PDF documents to editable text, allowing you to easily change, update and use information locked in PDF files.
- Fast Access to Automated Tasks - A user-friendly interface and pre-defined, automated Tasks increase efficiency and eliminate the need for complicated routines and settings.
- More Languages Supported than in Any Other OCR - With new support for Arabic (Modern Standard), Vietnamese and Turkmen (Latin), Abbyy FineReader 11 detects any combination of 189 languages to help you expand your global capabilities.
- Unmatched Camera OCR for Mobile Document - Capture documents anywhere, anytime. Cutting-edge image correction tools adjust motion blur, ISO noise, 3D image distortion, brightness, contrast, color levels and curved text for the best possible results.
- Convenient E-book Creation for Reading On-the-go - Scan your favorite books and articles to new EPUB and FB2 formats, or send to your Amazon Kindle account for reading on the go.
- Wide Range of Saving Formats - FineReader 11 supports a wide range of output formats. The results can also be sent directly to applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Corel WordPerfect and OpenOffice.org Writer.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, XP
- 1 GHz of higher CPU
- 1024 MB of RAM (In a multiprocessor system, an additional 512 MB of RAM is required for each additional processor core.)
- 700 MB of available hard disk space for typical program installation
- 800 MB of available hard disk space for program operation
- Video card and monitor 1024 x 768 or higher
- Mouse or other pointing device
- An active Internet connect is required to activate your serial number (Additional fees may apply)
- To work with localized interfaces, corresponding language support is required.
- TWAIN- or WIA-compatible scanner, digital camera or fax-modem optional
Digital Camera Requirements:
- 5-megapixel sensor
- Optical zoom
- Flash disable feature
- Manual focusing
- Manual aperture control or aperture priority mode
- An anti-shake system or a tripod
- Minimum Requirements: 2-megapixel sensor with variable focus lens
Supported Scanners and MFPs:
- FineReader supports TWAIN- and WIA-compatible scanners, multi-function peripherals (MFPs) and all-in-one devices.
Recognition Languages - Abbyy FineReader 11 supports 189 recognition languages in all combinations, 45 languages include dictionary support.
File Input Formats:
- BMP - black and white, gray, color
- PCX, DCX- black and white, gray, color
- JPEG, JEPG 2000- gray, color
- JBIG2 - black and white
- PNG - black and white, gray, color
- TIFF - black and white, gray, color (RGB, CMYK), multi-page
- PDF - PDF 1.7 and earlier
- XPS - XML Paper Specification (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 required)
- DjVu-image compression technology designed for scanned documents
- GIF - graphics interchange format
- WDP - Windows Media Photo format (WIC or Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 required)
File Output Formats:
- DOC - Microsoft Word 97-2003 Document
- DOCX - Microsoft Word 2007-2010 Document
- XLS - Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Workbook
- XLSX - Microsoft Excel 2007-2010 Workbook
- PPTX - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007-2010 Presentation
- RTF - Rich Text Format
- PDF, PDF/A - text and pictures only, page image only, text over the page image, text under the page image
- HTML - HTML document
- CSV - Microsoft Office Excel Comma-Separated Values file
- TXT - Text Document (Windows, DOS, Mac, and ISO codepages and Unicode encoding)
- ODT - OpenOffice.org Writer format
- DjVu - File format for storing compressed scanned images
- EPUB - EPUB Document
- FB2 - FB2 Document
Image Saving Formats:
- BMP- black and white, gray, color
- TIFF- black and white, gray, color (RGB, CMYK), multi-page
- PCX, DCX- black and white, gray, color
- JPEG, JEPG 2000- gray, color
- JBIG2- black and white
- PNG-black and white, gray, color
- Microsoft Word 2002 (10.0), 2003 (11.0), 2007 (12.0) and 2010 (14.0)
- Microsoft Excel 2002 (10.0), 2003 (11.0), 2007 (12.0) and 2010 (14.0)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 (11.0) (with Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 formats), 2007 (12.0) and 2010 (14.0)
- Corel WordPerfect 10.0 (2002), 11.0 (2003), 12.0 and 14.0
- Lotus Word Pro 97 and Millennium Edition
- OpenOffice.org 3
- Adobe Acrobat/Reader (5.0 and later)
Supported Barcode Types:
- Code 3 of 9
- Check Code 3 of 9
- Code 3 of 9 without asterisk
- Code 93
- Code 128
- EAN 8
- EAN 13
- IATA 2 of 5
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- QR Code
- Check Interleaved 2 of 5
- Matrix 2 of 5
- Industrial 2 of 5
- Aztec Code
- Data Matrix
- Patch Code
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review