From the Manufacturer
Norton™ Internet Security for Mac®: Advanced protection for you and your Mac.You love your Mac®. Let Norton™ help you protect it. Norton Internet Security for Mac gives you the power to protect your identity, your Mac, and your important Stuff from online threats, so you can safely enjoy your favorite online activities.
Norton Internet Security for Mac warns you of unsafe websites and suspicious online merchants right in your search results. It blocks dangerous and phishing websites designed to steal your identity and hard-earned money. And, it detects and eliminates online threats—including spyware—before they can steal your personal information, take control of your Mac, or damage your iTunes® media, iPhoto® pictures, and other irreplaceable Stuff.Protects against:
- Online identity theft
- Dangerous downloads
- Infected and unsafe websites
Benefits with Supporting Features
Browse, shop, and bank online without worrying about online identity theft, web attacks, or scams
- Identifies safe websites and blocks dangerous sites—including phishing sites set up to steal your identity or other personal information.
- Updates at least once a day to automatically detect new threats that try to take advantage of vulnerabilities in applications and software on your Mac®.
- Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your Mac, swiping your personal information, and messing with your stuff.
- Easily access Norton Safe Web for Facebook right from within your Norton product, so you can quickly scan your News Feed for dangerous downloads and links to unsafe websites and warn your Facebook friends about them.
Detects and eliminates online threats so you can safely email, chat, and share stuff
- Protects your iPhoto® pictures, iTunes® media, iMovie® projects, and other important stuff from online threats.
- Scans attachments received through email and iChat® for threats.
- Finds and gets rid of spyware that can be used to eavesdrop on you, steal your personal information, and take control of your Mac.
Automatic, customizable protection keeps your stuff safe without slowing you down or getting in your way
- Scans and updates in the background, so you won’t even know it’s there.
- Gives you the power to change your protection level depending on your location (home, office, school, hotel, coffee shop, etc.).
- Lets you control what applications connect to the Internet, who can connect to your Mac, and what they can do and see.
Essential Online Protection: Keeps your Mac® and your Stuff safe from viruses, spyware, and other threats without slowing it down.
NEW! Norton Safe Web: Lets you surf safely with proactive protection from unsafe or fake websites.
Antiphishing Technology: Blocks fraudulent phishing websites created to steal your identity and your money.
Smart Two-Way Firewall: Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your Mac®, stealing your personal information, and messing with your Stuff.
AntiVirus and Malware Protection: Protects your Mac®, iPhoto® pictures, iTunes® media, iMovie® projects, and all your important stuff from viruses, spyware, and other threats without slowing down your computer.
Vulnerability Protection: Updates daily to defend against threats that can infect your Mac through gaps in the operating system or other applications.
Confidential File Guard: Password protects your stuff to keep it safe from prying eyes.
Location Awareness: Lets you adjust your level of protection depending upon where you’re using your Mac® (at home, the office, the local coffee shop, on the road).
Mac Application Controls: Lets you control how your Mac® applications connect to the Internet, who can connect to your Mac, and what they can do and see.
Daily Protection Updates: Run in the background to protect your Mac®—and your Stuff—from new, late-breaking threats.
Secondary FeaturesEmail and Instant Attachment Message Monitoring: Scans MobileMe®, iChat®, and other IMs for suspicious attachments and other tricks used to steal your identity and your hard-earned money
FREE 24x7 Support: Symantec provides free 24x7 chat and phone support for a period of one year from initial product installation. 1
Flexible Support: Norton™ Internet Security 5 for Mac works with Mac OS® 10.7 and 10.8, and includes Norton Internet Security 4 for Mac to Intel-and PowerPC-based Macs running Mac OS 10.4-10.6.8.
Operating Systems SupportedNorton Internet Security 5 for Mac
- Mac OS® X 10.7 and 10.8
- Mac OS X 10.4.11–10.6.8 running on Intel® and PowerPC-based Macs
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Mac® system with Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB of RAM (already required for Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8)
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdate™ security updates
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Browser Support for SafeWeb and Phishing Protection
- Safari® 1,2
- Mozilla® Firefox® 1,2
Instant Messaging Clients Supported for Confidential Data Filtering
- iChat® 5.x
- Microsoft® Messenger 7.0.1 for Mac
- Yahoo!® Instant Messenger 3.0 for Mac
- AIM® for Mac
1 As made available by Symantec within your service period.
2 Supports current and the most recent previous release.
3 Norton Internet Security 4 for Mac does not include Antiphishing protection.
Advanced protection to surf, bank and shop online with your Mac. Includes both Norton™ Internet Security 5 for Mac® and Norton™ Internet Security 4 for Mac®
|Software Main Type:||Security|
|Software Sub Type:||Internet Security|
|Software Name:||Internet Security v.5.0|
Browse, shop and bank online without worrying about online identity theft, web attacks or scams:
Detects and eliminates online threats so you can safely email, chat and share stuff:
Automatic, customizable protection keeps your stuff safe without slowing you down or getting in your way:
|Platform Supported:||Intel-based Mac|
|Operating System Supported:||Mac OS|
|License Type:||Complete Product|
|License Quantity:||1 User|
|Service & Support:||New Releases Update|
|Service & Support:||1 Year - Virus Definitions Update|
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.