From the Manufacturer
Norton™ Internet Security for Mac®: Advanced protection for you and your Mac.
Norton Internet Security for Mac warns you of unsafe websites and suspicious online merchants right in your search results. It blocks dangerous and phishing websites designed to steal your identity and hard-earned money. And, it detects and eliminates online threats—including spyware—before they can steal your personal information, take control of your Mac, or damage your iTunes® media, iPhoto® pictures, and other irreplaceable Stuff.
- Online identity theft
- Dangerous downloads
- Infected and unsafe websites
Benefits with Supporting Features
- Identifies safe websites and blocks dangerous sites—including phishing sites set up to steal your identity or other personal information.
- Updates at least once a day to automatically detect new threats that try to take advantage of vulnerabilities in applications and software on your Mac®.
- Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your Mac, swiping your personal information, and messing with your stuff.
- Easily access Norton Safe Web for Facebook right from within your Norton product, so you can quickly scan your News Feed for dangerous downloads and links to unsafe websites and warn your Facebook friends about them.
- Protects your iPhoto® pictures, iTunes® media, iMovie® projects, and other important stuff from online threats.
- Scans attachments received through email and iChat® for threats.
- Finds and gets rid of spyware that can be used to eavesdrop on you, steal your personal information, and take control of your Mac.
- Scans and updates in the background, so you won’t even know it’s there.
- Gives you the power to change your protection level depending on your location (home, office, school, hotel, coffee shop, etc.).
- Lets you control what applications connect to the Internet, who can connect to your Mac, and what they can do and see.
Essential Online Protection: Keeps your Mac® and your Stuff safe from viruses, spyware, and other threats without slowing it down.
Operating Systems Supported
- Mac OS® X 10.7 and 10.8
- Mac OS X 10.4.11–10.6.8 running on Intel® and PowerPC-based Macs
- Mac® system with Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB of RAM (already required for Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8)
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdate™ security updates
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
- Safari® 1,2
- Mozilla® Firefox® 1,2
- iChat® 5.x
- Microsoft® Messenger 7.0.1 for Mac
- Yahoo!® Instant Messenger 3.0 for Mac
- AIM® for Mac
1 As made available by Symantec within your service period.
2 Supports current and the most recent previous release.
3 Norton Internet Security 4 for Mac does not include Antiphishing protection.
Advanced protection to surf, bank and shop online with your Mac. Includes both Norton™ Internet Security 5 for Mac® and Norton™ Internet Security 4 for Mac®
|Software Main Type:||Security|
|Software Sub Type:||Internet Security|
|Software Name:||Internet Security v.5.0|
Browse, shop and bank online without worrying about online identity theft, web attacks or scams:
Detects and eliminates online threats so you can safely email, chat and share stuff:
Automatic, customizable protection keeps your stuff safe without slowing you down or getting in your way:
|Platform Supported:||Intel-based Mac|
|Operating System Supported:||Mac OS|
|License Type:||Complete Product|
|License Quantity:||1 User|
|Service & Support:||1 Year - Virus Definitions Update|
|Service & Support:||New Releases Update|
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.