D-Link DGS-108Unmanaged 8-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Switch - 8 x 10/100/1000Base-T
From the Manufacturer
The DGS-108 Gigabit Switch provides a quick, easy and economical way to add high speed networking to home offices, small and medium businesses. With data transfer speeds of up to 2000 Mbps the DGS-108 is ideal for fast file transfers, online gaming or smooth media streaming. It provides eight Gigabit ports for easy expansion of your network and a quick way to upgrade your network to Gigabit connectivity.
Effortless Gigabit NetworkingWith data transfer speeds of up to 2000 Mbps on Gigabit Ethernet, the D-Link DGS-108 8 Port Gigabit Switch is ideal for transferring files quickly. Featuring easy access front Ethernet ports with two color LED indicators per port to quickly distinguish link status. The switch supports IEEE 802.1p QoS, which organizes and prioritizes time-sensitive and important data for efficient delivery, allowing for smooth streaming media, VoIP calling, and online gaming. Additionally the switch incorporates a Kensington Security Slot on the rear panel allowing users to securely fasten the unit to a table or desk
Think GreenThe DGS-108 is a plug-and-play networking switch that offers D-Link’s Green Technology to save energy and reduce heat, which in turn extends product life without sacrificing performance or functionality. The switch supports IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which detects when a connected computer is shut down or when there is no Ethernet traffic, at which time the switch will automatically power down the idle port, saving a substantial amount of power. In addition, the switch can also save energy by detecting the length of cable connected to a port and only using as much power as is necessary. Working together these features drastically reduce power consumption and heat dissipation, resulting in extended life and substantial cost savings.
Environmentally FriendlyThe DGS-108 Gigabit switch was designed with the environment in mind. It is compliant with Energy Star Level V, CEC, and MEPS regulations which require the use of energy efficient power adapters. Built to comply with RoHS standards to minimize use of hazardous materials and is packaged with an EnergyStar Level V qualified power adapter all in a recyclable packaging making this product truly environmental friendly.
- Rugged Metal Case with front facing ports for quick and easy connections
- Gigabit Speed for fast data transfers
- Eco-friendly with power saving technology
- Eight 10/100/1000 Mbps switched ports
- Up to 2Gbps bandwidth in full-duplex mode 1
- Supports IEEE 802.1p QoS Prioritzation2
- Jumbo Frame Support of up to 9000 Bytes3
- Cable Diagnostic Function
- Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover for all ports
- IEEE 802.3x flow control
- Plug & Play installation
- Supports MAC address learning
- Wall Mountable
- 24/7 Basic installation support4
- Limited Lifetime warranty5
|Data Transfer Rates||
20 Mbps (full duplex)
100 Mbps (half duplex)
200 Mbps (full duplex)
|Media Interface Exchange||
|MAC Address Table||
|MAC Address Learning||
|Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rates||
|Device Dimensions (W x D x H)||
- 1 Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environment factors, including volume of network traffic and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate.
- 2 The attached devices must have a NIC that supports 802.1p queuing to allow QoS functionality
- 3 Jumbo frame support for 9000 Bytes is applicable in Gigabit mode only. Use of Jumbo Frame feature requires the PC to have a Gigabit NIC that supports Jumbo Frames. Jumbo Frame performance may be affected when used in 10/100 Fast Ethernet mode.
- 4 24/7 Basic Installation Support is available only in the USA for the first 30 days from date of original purchase.
- 5 Limited Lifetime Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.
|The D-Link DGS-108 is a 8-port Gigabit desktop switch for the SMB and enterprise class business seeking a metal housed, Plug-and-Play solution capable of providing reliable connectivity for network users. The DGS-108 delivers power, performance, and reliability in one cost-effective, space-saving design. The metal exterior provides a durable alternative to plastic enclosures. This makes the DGS-108 a perfect solution for installation in locations such as a warehouse, automotive garage, wiring or Telco closet. In addition, the sleek and polished design of the DGS-108 adds a level of sophistication to the SMB and Enterprise network seeking to maintain the look and feel of their network all the way to the desktop.|
|Total Number of Network Ports:||8|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports:||8|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details:||8 x Gigabit Ethernet Network|
Media & Performance
|Media Type Supported:||Twisted Pair|
|Twisted Pair Cable Standard:||Category 5|
|Ethernet Technology:||Gigabit Ethernet|
Network & Communication
Management & Protocols
|Management:||QoS: 802.1p (4 Queues)|
|Weight (Approximate):||1.13 lb|
|Certifications & Standards:|
|Limited Warranty:||5 Year|
|Additional Warranty Information:||Free Technical Support|
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review