From the Manufacturer
The DES-105 5 Port 10/100 Switch provides a quick, easy and economical way to add high speed networking to home offices, small and medium businesses. With data transfer speeds of up to 200 Mbps the DES-105 is ideal for fast file transfers and easy expansion of your network for connecting printers, scanners, storage, and backup devices to any network.
Effortless High Speed NetworkingFeaturing easy access auto sensing 10/100 front Ethernet ports with two color LED indicators per port to quickly distinguish link, speed, and half/full duplex transmission status. The DES-105 switch also supports Auto MDI/MDIX Crossover allowing each port can be plugged directly to a server, hub, router, or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables. Support for IEEE 802.1p QoS is included, which organizes and prioritizes time-sensitive and important data for efficient delivery.
Think GreenThe DES-105 is a plug-and-play networking switch that offers D-Link’s Green Technology to save energy and reduce heat, which in turn extends product life without sacrificing performance or functionality. The switch supports IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which detects when a connected computer is shut down or when there is no Ethernet traffic, at which time the switch will automatically power down the idle port, saving a substantial amount of power.
Environmentally FriendlyThe DES-105 Gigabit switch was designed with the environment in mind. It is compliant with Energy Star Level V, CEC, and MEPS regulations which require the use of energy efficient power adapters. Built to comply with RoHS standards to minimize use of hazardous materials and is packaged with an EnergyStar Level V qualified power adapter all in a recyclable packaging making this product truly environmental friendly.
- Rugged Metal Case with front facing ports for quick and easy connections
- Quality of Service support for traffic prioritization
- Eco-friendly with power saving technology
- Five 10/100 Mbps switched ports
- Up to 100 Mbps of dedicated bandwidth per port and up to 200Mbps bandwidth in full-duplex mode1
- Supports IEEE 802.1p QoS Prioritzation2
- Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover for all ports
- IEEE 802.3x flow control
- Plug & Play installation
- Supports MAC address learning
- Wall Mountable
- 24/7 Basic installation support3
- Limited Lifetime warranty4
|Data Transfer Rates||
10 Mbps (half duplex)
20 Mbps (full duplex)
100 Mbps (half duplex)
200 Mbps (full duplex)
|Media Interface Exchange||
|MAC Address Table||
|Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rates||
|Device Dimensions (W x D x H)||
- 1 Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environment factors, including volume of network traffic and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate.
- 2 The attached devices must have a NIC that supports 802.1p queuing to allow QoS functionality.
- 3 24/7 Basic Installation Support is available only in the USA for the first 30 days from date of original purchase.
- 4 Limited Lifetime Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.
The D-Link DES-105 is a 5-port, Fast Ethernet desktop switch for the SMB and enterprise seeking a metal housed, Plug-and-Play solution capable of providing reliable connectivity for network users. The DES-105 delivers power, performance, and reliability in one cost-effective, space-saving design. The metal exterior provides a durable alternative to plastic enclosures. This makes the DES-105 a perfect solution for installation in locations such as a warehouse, automotive garage, wiring or Telco closet. In addition, the sleek and polished design of the DES-105 adds a level of sophistication to the SMB and Enterprise network seeking to maintain the look and feel of their network all the way to the desktop.
|Total Number of Network Ports:||5|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports:||5|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details:||5 x Fast Ethernet Network|
|Media Type Supported:||Twisted Pair|
|Ethernet Technology:||Fast Ethernet|
|Power Source:||AC Adapter|
|Form Factor:||Wall Mountable|
|Certifications & Standards:|
|Limited Warranty:||5 Year|
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.