From the Manufacturer
E-Class NSA 6500
The Dell SonicWALL NSA E6500 next-generation firewall is designed for enterprise networks that require full deep packet inspection protection and application control without compromising performance. This powerful solution combines tightly integrated intrusion prevention, sophisticated anti-malware protection and powerful application intelligence, control and visualization. Utilizing the patented Dell SonicWALL Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection® (RFDPI) engine, the NSA E6500 can analyze and control thousands of applications even if they are encrypted with SSL. This exceptional combination of software sophistication and incredibly powerful hardware is capable of inspecting hundreds of thousands of connections simultaneously across all ports, with nearly zero latency and without file size limitations.
- Intrusion prevention with sophisticated anti-evasion technology blocks the latest attacks
- Network-based anti-malware with CloudAssist provides 24x7 advanced protection from malicious threats
- SSL decryption and inspection protect against threats hidden in encrypted traffic
- Integrated wireless controller enables easy-to-deploy Clean Wireless technology
- Easy-to-integrate user authentication support for a broad set of user identification technologies (SSO/LDAP/RADIUS)
- WAN failover and load balancing enhance business continuity and network optimization
- Content and URL filtering delivers protection and productivity by controlling access to web content
- Real-time application visibility, control and bandwidth management offer insight into and control of network traffic
Next-Generation FirewallThe E-Class NSA 8500 provides intrusion prevention, application visibility and control, bandwidth management, network-based malware protection, SSL decryption and inspection and content/URL filtering on a high-performance platform through its comprehensive and intuitive management interface. This powerful combination ensures state-of-the-art security at a low total cost of ownership.
High PerformanceDell SonicWALL’s patented Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection engine combined with the E-Class NSA 8500’s quad-core security platform is capable of inspecting thousands of simultaneous connections across all ports. The E-Class NSA 8500 provides Deep Packet Inspection across all interfaces with nearly zero latency and without file size limitation.
Secure Mobile AccessAll Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls deliver secure mobile access from a wide variety of platforms including Windows, Linux and Mac OS, enabling organizations to enforce security and access control rules as part of a multilayered BYOD strategy. For mobile devices running iOS or Android, SonicWALL Mobile Connect provides users with simple, policy-enforced access to corporate and academic resources over SSL encrypted connections.
- Next-Generation Firewall
- Intrusion Prevention System
- Network-based malware protection
- Application visibility, control and bandwidth management
- Decryption and inspection of SSL encrypted traffic
- Secure mobile access for a wide variety of platforms
- Integrated wireless controller
- Powerful real-time reporting
- Stateful high availability failover
- Support for IPFIX/NetFlow Exporting
- Intuitive graphical user interface
- Easy-to-configure site-to-site VPN
- ‘N-1’ WAN failover
Service & Support Subscriptions
Gateway Anti-Malware, Intrusion Prevention, Application Intelligence and Control
- Gateway Anti-Malware - Gateway anti-virus and anti-spyware deliver high performance protection against millions of unique variants of malware with near zero latency and no file size limitation. This provides a robust layer of defense against malware before it can reach systems on your network.
- Intrusion Prevention - Tightly integrated, countermeasure-based network intrusion prevention protects against a comprehensive array of network and application layer threats by scrutinizing packet payloads for attacks and exploits that attack critical internal systems.
- Application Intelligence and Control - Dell SonicWALL provides real-time insight and control of network traffic broken down by applications, users and content through intuitive on-board visualization. The ability to prioritize important applications, throttle down unproductive applications and block unwanted application components ensures an efficient and safe network.
Content Filtering ServiceDell SonicWALL Content Filtering Service provides granular controls and unequalled content filtering to enforce acceptable use policies and block access to websites containing information or images that are objectionable or unproductive.
Support ServicesDell SonicWALL E-Class Support 24x7 is designed for customers with Dell SonicWALL E-Class solutions. Available 24x7, E-Class Support delivers the enterprise-class support features and quality of service that enterprise companies require to keep their networks running smoothly and efficiently including telephone, email and Web-based technical support, software and firmware update and upgrades, advance exchange hardware replacement, plus access to electronic support tools and moderated discussion groups.
Deep Packet Inspection of SSL encrypted traffic (DPI-SSL)DPI-SSL transparently decrypts, inspects and then re-encrypts SSL encrypted traffic to allow intrusion prevention, malware protection, and application control to be applied to all traffic that traverses Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls.
Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite - Service & Support Bundle
Dell SonicWALL Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite (CGSS) combines security, productivity and support in a single solution with a low cost of ownership that provides an increased ROI compared with buying each of the services individually. Available on all Dell SonicWALL firewalls, CGSS turns your Dell SonicWALL into a complete security and productivity platform.
- Gateway Anti-Malware, Intrusion Prevention, Application Intelligence and Control
- Content Filtering Service
- 24x7 Support
Service & Software License Options
Analyzer Reporting SoftwareDell™ SonicWALL™ Analyzer is an easy-to-use application traffic flow analytics and reporting tool that provides real-time and historical insight into the performance and security of the network.
Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-SpywareThe Dell SonicWALL Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware service provides a critical layer of protection by automatically ensuring network users are actively running the most current McAfee anti-virus software.
Global Management System (GMS)The Dell SonicWALL Global Management System (GMS) is a powerful and intuitive solution to centrally manage and rapidly deploy hundreds of Dell SonicWALL firewall, anti-spam, and secure remote access solutions. Flexibly deployed as software, hardware, or a virtual appliance, Dell SonicWALL GMS offers centralized real-time monitoring, and comprehensive policy and compliance reporting.
The SonicWALL E-6500 Network Security Appliance (NSA) is the industry's first multi-core Unified Threat Management (UTM) solution, delivering enterprise-class deep packet inspection without significantly impacting network throughput. Combining a powerful deep packet inspection firewall with multiple layers of protection technology and a suite of high availability features.
|Total Number of Ports:||10|
|Ethernet Technology:||Fast Ethernet|
|Wireless LAN Standard:||IEEE 802.11b/g|
|Standard Memory:||1 GB|
|Flash Memory:||512 MB|
|Input Voltage:||110 V AC|
|Input Voltage:||220 V AC|
|Power Source:||Power Supply|
|Compatible Rack Unit:||1U|
|Weight (Approximate):||15.10 lb|
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.