Find the best way to get where you're going and what
you need along the way.
Built on Microsoft MapPoint business mapping technology, Streets & Trips 2006 features detailed street-level maps, unique routing and searching, and accurate turn-by-turn driving directions. Whether you're planning your next family vacation or plotting out the best route for your next business trip, Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006 gives you a customizable trip-planning experience that helps you get accurate directions, easily explore new areas, and find the services you want and need along the way.
Streets & Trips 2006 features more than 5.9 million miles of streets and highways and 1.8 million points of interest, including:
- 571,588 Restaurants
- 273,614 Service Stations
- 65,506 Grocery Stores
- 107,096 Banks
- 84,568 Bars
- 79,317 Hotels
- 93,574 Gas Stations
- 119,718 ATMs
- 11,553 Art Galleries
- 11,530 Campgrounds
- 14,055 Libraries
- 7,102 Rental Car Agencies
- 8,478 Golf Courses
- 9,820 Museums
- 6,596 Cinemas
- 107,117 Colleges and Universities
- 3,878 Theaters
- 2,925 Airports
- 1,421 Train and Bus Stations
- 90,923 Monuments and Attractions
- 1,186 Wineries
- 1,966 Rest Areas
Your trip, your way
- New! Voice-prompted directions with Windows XP
- New! Advanced GPS features
- Customizable trip planning and maps
- Find hotels, restaurants, and more
- Get accurate, detailed directions
- Plan trips, and calculate mileage, time, and expenses
- All updated maps for the USA and Canada
- More features than online mapping sites
- Includes Pocket Streets for your Pocket PC and Smartphone *
Trip planning made easy
- Get precise turn-by-turn directions virtually anywhere in the United States and Canada.
- Plan a trip based on your preferred drive time, speed, and road type.
- Plan stops, detours, and fuel stops to make the most of your travel time.
- Calculate mileage, travel time, and fuel costs before you start your journey.
- Quickly alter your route and add multiple destinations.
- Pick a starting point and see places you can travel to within a specified amount of time.
Customize your maps and printouts
- Make your maps and printouts more descriptive by adding notes, addresses, and phone numbers for your planned stops.
- Highlight details and customize maps with a variety of Pushpin icons or import graphics to create custom Pushpins.
- Quickly zoom in to street level and back with Zoom Slider, to get just the right level of detail on your map.
- Patented Snap route Technology lets you drag and drop routes to instantly change travel plans.
Always know where you are going and what to expect along the way
- Find the best route from updated and complete mapping coverage of the United States and Canada.
- Quickly locate restaurants, hotels, ATMs, gas stations, attractions, and other points of interest.
- Avoid potential delays by getting road construction updates from the Web.
- Import contacts into your maps directly from Microsoft Office Outlook and Excel.
- Identify one-way streets at a glance.
Take Streets & Trips with you
- Choose from multiple options for printing maps and route details.
- Includes Pocket Streets for your Pocket PC or Smartphone for on-the-go access. (Pocket PC or Smartphone not included)
- Send maps and itineraries in e-mail, or post them online to share with friends and family.
New! Voice prompting and advanced GPS functionality
You'll always know exactly where you are and where to turn next with the new voice-prompted driving directions and other advanced GPS features, including Night Map Style.
- Choose from multiple map views, including Rotate Map and Keep Position Centered options.
- New! Dynamic Turn View feature automatically zooms the map to show relevant details based on how close you are to your next turn.
- Reroute from Here feature allows you to change or recalculate your route from your current location.
- New! Voice- and text-prompted directions always let you know where your next turn is.
- Pinpoint your exact location.
- GPS Trail feature allows you to see exactly where you have been on the map.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003, Windows Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000 Professional
- PC with Pentium II or higher processor; Pentium III recommended
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 browser software later, Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 included (will not displace your primary browser)
- For Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional: 64 MB of RAM (128 MB recommended)
- For Windows Server 2003: 256 MB of RAM
- For Windows 98 Second Edition: 24 MB of RAM
- For Windows Me, 32 MB RAM
- For Windows 2000 Professional: 64 MB of RAM 128 MB recommended)
- Running additional applications simultaneously may require additional memory
- Available hard-disk space: 1.1 GB for full installation or 500 MB for minimum installation. Some users may require up to an extra 100MB for System Files Update (hard disk usage will vary depending on configuration).
- 4x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution monitor with 256 colors; a monitor with higher resolution and more colors recommended and required for Driving Guidance feature
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, compatible pointing device
- * Pocket PC and Smartphone are not included
Additional items or services requires use certain features:
- For Voice Output: Windows XP or higher and compatible soundcard
- Microsoft Exchange, Internet SMTP/POP3, IMAP4, MAPI-compliant messaging software required to use Send To as attachment; Microsoft Outlook 2000 or later required to use Send To as picture
- 14,400-baud or higher recommended
- Some Internet functionality may require Internet access and payment of a separate fee to an Internet service provider and local charges may apply
- GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later
- A free COM port below 20 required for GPS
- A Pocket PC running Microsoft Windows CE 3.0 or later with ActiveSync 3.7 API and 500KB available program memory required for installation of Pocket Streets. Installing map files requires additional memory, approximately 1MB per city map
- A Microsoft Windows powered Smartphone 2002 Or Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone or later with ActiveSync 3.7 API and 350KB available program memory required for installation
NOTE: GPS Locator is not Included. To share your route to other GPS devices, you must export via a GPX-file to a GPX-compatible GPS device. Not all GPS devices are supported.