From the Manufacturer
- What is TWAIN or ISIS?
- TWAIN and ISIS are industry standard scanner drivers. They allow you to seamlessly connect your scanner to hundreds of scanning applications.
- Will this scanner do OCR or Optical Character Recognition?
- Yes, all Fujitsu scanner models are capable of creating images that are used for OCR recognition. OCR is a software process where an image is converted to text data. Once the PDF has been OCR'd users can easily search for words within a PDF.
- Are Fujitsu scanners networkable?
- Fujitsu offers a complete network scanning solution with the fi-6010N network scanner and ScanSnap N1800 which includes Scan to E-mail, Scan to Folder, Scan to Network Fax, Scan to FTP and Scan to Print functionality.
- What are consumable parts and where can I buy them?
- Consumable parts are used in each scanner's feeding mechanism and are an important part of the cleaning and preventative maintenance routine that is required in order for your scanner to maintain it's highest performance level. Scanner consumables can be purchased from a variety of Fujitsu partners(http://www.fujitsu.com/us/about/platforms/fcpa/partners/var/) or on the FCPA company store at www.BuyFCPA.com.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
With improving the entire scanning process as it's main objective, the Fujitsu fi-6800 Production Scanner builds upon the qualities that have made Fujitsu the industry-leading vendor in Mid-Volume Production market the fi-6800 incorporates many additional features and functions that will can improve your document scanning efficiency. From pure scanning speed, to ease of use for user operation or a full suite of software productivity tools, the fi-6800 is the ideal solution for a wide range of Production Scanning applications. Features include:
The ideal blend of features and performance to maximize scanning productivity
- Fast, 130 ppm (simplex) / 260 ipm (duplex) scanning in monochrome or color (letter, landscape @ 300 dpi)
- Space-saving design with quiet operation and many environmental friendly qualities
- Easy to use operator panel with multi-language support
- Triple Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection with Intelligent MultiFeed Function and retain image feature
- 500-page automatic document feeder with adjustable height hopper
- Reduce document preparation and produce outstanding image quality with VRS® 4.5 Professional
- Full suite of bundled software and industry-leading third party interoperability
- Maintain optimal up-time and peak performance with Fujitsu service and support
Incredibly productive, remarkably small and highly versatileWith a set of features developed from decades of industry-leading experience and based directly on customer feedback, the Fujitsu fi-6800 Production Scanner can help digitize large volumes of documents with ease. With blazing fast 130 pages per minute and true double-sided scanning speeds of 260 images per minute, in color, grayscale or black & white and up to 300 dots per inch (dpi), rest-assured the fi-6800's pure scanning speed certainly will not be the bottleneck in your scanning operation. Good things come in small packages and the fi-6800 delivers production level scanning speeds, yet without the sacrifice of a large exterior design. Measuring only 12.2" high x 18.1" wide x 17.8" deep and weighing 71 pounds with quiet operation, it's practical to place the fi-6800 in front-office environments and desktops where traditionally a Production Scanners' bulkiness and loud operation was unrealistic. Additionally, with built-in Kofax hardware-assisted VirtualReScan (VRS) Professional technology, with both a USB 2.0 and 68-pin SCSI interface, users can benefit from decreased document preparation by utilizing some of the commonly used advanced VRS Professional features such as Automatic Page Orientation and Blank Page Deletion. Simply allow the scanners intelligence to perform automatic functions that were traditionally done with manual labor to save time and money!
The fi-6800 functionality makes it appealing for a wide range of document scanning applications and markets. With dynamic color dropout it is ideal for forms processing applications such as Healthcare insurance forms with a red color background. Or with Paper Protection which helps avoid potential physical damage to original documents for scanning historical records in Government. Or any combination of these industries for Service Bureau's who scan a diverse range of documents, the fi-6800's versatility makes it ideal for all Production Scanning requirements.
- 130 ppm/260 ipm in monochrome or color up to 300 dpi (landscape)
- Rated-speed scanning with commonly used advanced VRS features enabled
- Automatic intelligent image correction for decreased document preparation (Auto orientation, auto color detection, intelligent blank page detection, background smoothing)
- Document Protection to prevent potential damage to documents
- Excellent paper feeding of mixed documents of various sizes, shapes and colors
Production Scanning has never been easierThe fi-6800 Production Scanner was built to perform but it doesn't end there. Making Production Scanning easy is one of the main appeals of the fi-6800. Even before scanning begins, the scanner operator can simply set a few user operator preference options directly from the LCD Operator Panel such as language, alarm volume, blink cycle, contrast and other options so that scanning is performed in their ideal comfort-zone. A large 500 page automatic document feeder ensures that processing volumes of batches can be done quickly without constantly reloading the paper input tray. Three Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detection sensors with Intelligent MultiFeed Function (iMFF) ensure that each image is captured without exception by detecting when two unintentional documents enter the feeder at the same time, yet affords the flexibility to capture intentional overlapping items such as sticky-notes attached to documents. Independently adjustable side trays makes input of batches easy and extremely efficient and controlled paper output speed with an Active Stacker helps keep the documents neat and orderly when returning batches to storage boxes or cabinets.
The fi-6800 includes a full suite of software tools in the box that make scanning simple and easy. One convient Setup DVD includes all the neccesary software needed to get you up and running quickly such as TWAIN, ISIS drivers, VRS Professional, ScandAll PRO. Additionally, a second installation DVD includes a full licensed version of Adobe Acrobat Standard. As an example of demostratings post-scanning effieciency the ScandAll PRO 1.8 Automatic Image Quality Checker (aIQC) feature allows for a post-scan check of questionable images captured during the batch scanning process. These could be possible multifeeds, accidental folded or 'dog-ear', rip/torn or other questionable images. aIQC checks them before you commit these batched images to the destination of your choice.
When additional connectivity, flexibility or functionality is required, rest-assured that as the industry-leading document scanner provider, Fujitsu is constantly working with, or already has certified, hundreds of third-party software applications.
- Intuitive LCD operator panel (Multilanguage, Alarm Sound, Volume, Contrast and more)
- Space-saving design and quiet operation for office environments
- Independently adjustable side input guides and Active Stacker
- Large capacity 500 page automatic document feeder
|Fujitsu fi-6800 Sheet-Fed Scanner|
|Duplex or Simplex [...]||Duplex|
|ADF Scanning Speed: Letter/Landscape ( Monochrome, Greyscale, Color)||130 ppm/ 260ipm @200dpi / 300 dpi|
|ADF Scanning Speed: Letter/Portrait ( Monochrome, Greyscale, Color)||100 ppm / 200ipm @200dpi, 300dpi|
|Output Resolution||Up to 600dpi|
|Image Sensor||Dual CCD|
|ADF Paper Size||
Min 2.1" x 2.9"
Max 12" x 17"
|Paper Input [...]||Up to 500 sheets|
Ultra Wide SCSI / USB 2.0 /
Kofax VRS Ultra SCSI and Kofax VRS
USB 2.0 /
Third Party Slot
|Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection||
|Intelligent Multi Feed Detection||
|Paper Protection Function||
|Embossed card scanning||
|Long Document Scannning||
|Kofax VRS Professional||
|Scanner Central Admin Software||
|Size (W x D x H)||18.1" x 16.9" x 12.2"|
|Limited Warranty1||3 months on-site|
|Servie Options (In-Warranty Upgrade)||ScanCare or Basic|
|Service Options (Post-Warranty)||ScanCare or Basic|
|Service Options: Consumables||ScanAid™ consumable kit|
- 1 For full details, visit www.fcpa.fujitsu.com/warranties or call (800) 626-4686.
With improving the entire scanning process as it's main objective, the Fujitsu fi-6800 Production Scanner builds upon the qualities that have made Fujitsu the industry-leading vendor in Mid-Volume Production market the fi-6800 incorporates many additional features and functions that will can improve your document scanning efficiency. From pure scanning speed, to ease of use for user operation or a full suite of software productivity tools, the fi-6800 is the ideal solution for a wide range of Production Scanning applications.
|Optical Resolution:||600 dpi|
|Media Type:||Plain Paper|
|Media Size:||12" x 17"|
|ADF Capacity:||500 Sheets|
|Power Source:||AC Supply|
|Input Voltage:||240 V AC|
|Weight (Approximate):||70.50 lb|
|Green Compliance Certificate/Authority:||RoHS|
|Limited Warranty:||3 Month|
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.