From the Manufacturer
DescriptionDual band performance with up to 300Mbps speed on each band. Dual Band means you can power multiple wireless devices, simultaneously, without sacrificing connectivity. It’s like having 2 high-performance Wi-Fi networks in your home.
Powered by Wireless N technology, this high-performance router provides superior coverage designed to reduce dead spots for users who demand higher performance networking. Delivering incredible wireless performance, network security, and coverage, the Wireless N Dual Band Router (DIR-815) is ideal for networking in larger homes and offices. The D-Link® Wireless N Dual Band Router (DIR-815) features simultaneous wireless bands with a faster wireless network than previous generation wireless G devices, enabling you to create a faster Wi-Fi network with superior home coverage. Connect the DIR-815 to a cable or DSL modem and provide high-speed Internet access to multiple computers, game consoles, and media players. Create a secure wireless network to share photos, files, music, printers, and more, from greater distances throughout your entire home or office. With D-Link’s award-winning QoS engine that prioritizes time-sensitive online traffic, this router enables smooth Internet phone calls (VoIP) and responsive gaming.
DUAL BAND ADVANTAGE
Dual Band is two Wi-Fi networks in one router. The dual band technology in the DIR-815 supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless signals simultaneously. You can check e-mail and browse the Internet using the 2.4GHz band while playing games and streaming HD movies on the clearer 5GHz band. This prevents both signals from getting overloaded and avoids interference and lag when you’re watching movies or gaming.
EASY TO SECURE
The DIR-815 supports the latest wireless security features to help prevent unauthorized access, be it from over a wireless network or from the Internet. Support for WPA™ and WPA2™ standards ensure that you will be able to use the best possible encryption, regardless of your client devices. In addition, the DIR-815 Router utilizes dual active firewalls (SPI and NAT) to prevent potential attacks from across the Internet.
WHY WIRELESS N IS BETTER
This DIR-815 uses powerful 802.11n technology with multiple intelligent antennas to maximize the speed and range of your wireless signal to significantly outperform previous-generation Wireless G MIMO devices1 . The antennas on the DIR-815 make use of your home’s environment by bouncing multiple wireless signals off walls and ceilings to work around obstructions and help eliminate dead spots.
IPV6 Ready: Get Ready for the Future
With the growing number of Internet-enabled applications requiring IP addresses, the supply of IP addresses under the current Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) system has already been exhausted. The IPv6 protocol solves this network addressing exhaustion by creating more IP addresses, but migration from IPv4 to IPv6 is not necessarily automatic.
But, you don't need to worry about service interruption if you go with D-Link products that are IPv6 Certified. Your network will be automatically IPv4 and IPv6 ready when you use an IPv6-certified D-Link product like his one. With D-Link products, you can rest assured that you'll be covered for the current and the new standards without any hassle to you.
D-Link Green™ devices are about providing eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance. They are designed to help conserve energy, protect our environment from harmful substances, and reduce waste by using recyclable packaging.
- Automatically powers down ports that have no link
- Budgets power output for different Ethernet cable lengths
- Includes wireless LAN scheduling, which can shut down your wireless network when not in use for further power savings
- Reduces energy consumption by using an Energy Star® qualified power adapter
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
- Complies with the European Union's RoHS directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials
- Uses recyclable packaging to help reduce waste that goes into the environment
- IEEE 802.11n, 802.11g, and 802.11a Compliant
- Dual Band Technology for Superior Wireless Performance
- Wi-Fi® Protected Setup™ (WPS) for simple Push-Button Wireless Network Configuration
- Built-in QoS Engine Enhances Internet Experience
- 4-Port 10/100 Switch
- Supports Secure Wireless Encryption Using WPA™ or WPA2™
- 24/7 Basic Installation Support
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
|External Antenna Type||
|Advanced Firewall Features||
|Recommended System Requirements||
|Minimum System Requirements||
- 1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications when used with related Wireless N 150 devices. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link Wireless N devices.
- 2 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11a, 802.11g, and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
- 3 Due to government regulations the 5.25~5.35GHz and 5.47~5.725GHz wireless bands are removed.
- 4 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the U.S.A and Canada.
- 5 Computer must adhere to Microsoft's recommended System Requirements.
- 6 The software included with this product is not Mac-compatible.
Dual band capability enables this router to operate at 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands like two routers in one. This allows you to check e-mails and browse the Internet using the 2.4GHz band while simultaneously streaming high-definition (HD) movies and other media on the 5GHz band. Moreover, the SharePort technology allows you to connect a USB printer or storage to share it throughout your network.
|Wireless LAN Standard:||IEEE 802.11n|
|ISM Maximum Frequency:||2.40 GHz|
|UNII Maximum Frequency:||5 GHz|
|Wireless Transmission Speed:||54 Mbps|
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.