Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3
Simplify photography from
shoot to finish
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 lets you focus on what you love about photography, an intuitive digital darkroom and efficient assistant designed for serious amateur and professional photographers. Easily organize and manage your growing photo collection. Experiment fearlessly with nondestructive editing tools that help you create incredible images. And showcase your work with style and impact in print layouts, slideshows, and web galleries, all within one fast intuitive application.
- Be More Productive - Get your digital
photography essentials in one intuitive package. Accelerated
performance in Lightroom 3 means you can get your imaging tasks done
fast, and now you can easily manage video files from your digital SLR
alongside your still images.
- Create Brilliant Images - Get the absolute best from every shot with highly intuitive, state-of-the-art image processing tools. Fine tune colors or exposure, develop dramatic black-and-white images, and now get amazing results on high ISO images with new noise reduction technology.
- Make An Impact - Communicate your vision and talent with the flexible output features of Lightroom, including customized print layouts, dynamic slideshow movies with audio, web gallery creation, and streamlined integration with online photo-sharing sites (may require third-party plug-ins).
New and Improved
New Editing Features
- Superior Noise Reduction - Achieve amazing, natural-looking results from your high ISO images with all-new state-of-the-art noise reduction technology. You won't need more than what's built into Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 to get the cleanest images at any ISO.
- Accelerated Performance - Get your digital photography tasks done fast and have more time to shoot and promote your work. Already quick performance has been dramatically accelerated in Lightroom 3, saving you time from first look to final image.
- Support for DSLR Video Files - Take advantage of new support for video files from most digital SLR cameras, which allows you to easily manage and organize both still photographs and video files side by side.
- Perspective Correction - Get more natural-looking results by applying powerful, nondestructive perspective correction to your images. Reduce or eliminate the distortion that can occur, for example, when the camera is pointed upward, causing buildings to appear to be leaning backward in your image.
- Lens Correction - Quickly and easily perfect your images by automatically reducing lens defects like geometric distortion, chromatic aberration, and vignetting with single-click profiles. Even images from the best lenses will be improved.
- Film Grain Simulation - Use new sliders to easily control the amount, size, and roughness of grain that you can add to your images to simulate the look of film.
New Sharing Features
- Image Watermarking - Easily embed your identity or your brand and logo in your images with more options for customizing their look. The new watermarking tool lets you apply text or graphic watermarks to a photo with adjustable size, position, and opacity.
- Easy Image Importing - Save time with fast image importing. The newly designed import interface is easy to set up and navigate, with clear visual indications of where your photos will be located and how they'll be organized after you've imported them.
- More Flexible Print Packages - Showcase your work in more creative formats using highly customizable print layouts, which you can save as reusable templates. With the new custom print layout creation tool, you just drag one image or several shots onto a page and resize or reposition them as you like.
- Online Sharing Integration - Share your images with ease on Facebook, SmugMug, and Flickr. Upload your photographs directly to these online sharing sites from within the Lightroom 3 Library. When friends or clients post comments and ratings on your galleries, you can immediately see their feedback in the Lightroom 3 Library alongside your images.
- Easy-to-Share Slide Show Videos with Music - Show your images to clients, friends, or family with more style and flair using elegant slide shows with music. Slide shows are a breeze to create, and you can share them easily by exporting them as videos, even in high definition.
- Tethered Shooting - Instantly import and view images as you shoot them with tethered capture, available for select cameras. Use it to make an immediate, highly detailed check of your shot, the lighting, or the shooting setup. Or get instant feedback from clients or subjects.
Create Brilliant Images
Creativity and Flexibility:
- Nondestructive Environment - Set your creativity free in a nondestructive editing environment that encourages experimentation. Your original images are always safely unaltered, and it's easy to reverse your steps or save multiple versions of any photo.
- Selective Editing Brush - Extend your creative control with a flexible brush that lets you adjust selected areas of your photo for just the look you want.
- Tracking of Editing Adjustments - Make multiple adjustments to an image while retaining complete freedom to undo your mistakes or try something different later. The History panel automatically tracks your changes with easy-to-understand text entries as you edit. Add set points in the panel at any time so you can instantly return to those versions of the photo.
- Before-and-After Comparison - Get a clearer sense of the effectiveness of your editing adjustments by viewing an original image side-by-side with a version of the photo that shows the effects of your edits as you make them.
Tone and Color:
- Advanced Black-and-White Conversion - Gain powerful, subtle control over the tonal qualities that make or break black-and-white images. Familiar sliders let you precisely adjust the mixing of information from eight color channels when you convert to grayscale.
- Simplified Tone Curve Tools - Make quick, intuitive adjustments to the highlights, midtones, and shadows in your images with sliders or numeric entries. Or click any region of the photo to direct adjust part of the curve that corresponds to the tonal value of that region.
- Advanced Hue, Saturation, and Luminance Editing - Enhance color saturation and remove color casts with individual control over eight color channels each for hue, saturation, and luminance.
Detail and Correction:
- Intelligent Sharpening - Make sharp, natural-looking images, regardless of whether they're intended for prints, slide shows, or your online web galleries. Intelligent sharpening lets you enhance detail without introducing harmful artifacts, and you can tailor your sharpening for different end uses.
- Red-Eye Removal - Instantly fix red eye in flash photos.
- Dust-Busting - Easily remove distracting spots and specks in your images with a single click.
Streamline Your Digital Photography
Saving Time and Working Efficiently:
- One Toolset For Your Photography Tasks - Get your digital photography essentials in one package that includes what you need to manage, perfect, and showcase all your images.
- One-Click Adjustments for Multiple Images - Save time when processing images by applying the same Develop settings to all the photographs in a group at once using presets or the sync feature.
- Tight Photoshop Integration - Select one or more photos and then automatically open them in Adobe Photoshop software to perform detailed, pixel-level editing, or to merge multiple photos into a panorama, a highly dynamic range photo, or a creative composite. After making your edits in Photoshop, see the results immediately back in Lightroom (Photoshop software sold separately).
- Fast Performance Across Platforms - Speed up day-to-day imaging tasks and process your images faster by taking advantage of cross-platform 64-bit support. Use the advanced memory handling capabilities of the latest Mac OS and Windows operating systems.
- Image Versions - Let Lightroom track the changes you make to an image in the History panel, with as many remembered set points as you choose. Then switch between versions of the photo with a mouse click.
- Intuitive Environment - Be more productive and efficient, and enjoy the freedom and creativity that comes from working with world-class tools designed specifically for the job. The intuitive environment and controls of Lightroom are easy to master and let you quickly and smoothly accomplish your photography tasks.
- Develop Presets - Save time by instantly apply favorite looks to images. When you've perfected a look that you particularly like for an image, you simply save the settings as a preset and apply it to your other photographs at any time. Many presets are included with Lightroom, and thousands more are available from the thriving worldwide community of Lightroom photographers and experts.
- Multiple Monitor Support - Gain even more speed and efficiency by using a second monitor to enlarge your workspace.
- Tools to Manage and Refine Many Images at Once - Automatically import, rename, group, and even process any number of images from cameras or camera memory cards as they're connected to your computer.
Organizing and Managing:
- Extensive Image Management Tools - Take advantage of a powerful set of image management features to organize your photographs, flexibly rate and label them, and find them easily using a wide range of metadata tags and information.
- Multiple Viewing Options - See and evaluate your images quickly and clearly using the Grid view to browse large groups of photos, the Compare view to see selected images side by side, and the Loupe view to zoom in on the finest detail. Instantly switch between views with a single click.
- Fast Zooming - Check for critical sharpness and see small details by zooming in and out of any area of a photo with simple keyboard commands or a click of the mouse.
- Collections - Flexibly group photos according to the criteria and organizing logic that works best for the way you work and the subjects you shoot. It's as easy as selecting the photos and naming the collection. Recall collections with a single click, and easily modify their contents at any time.
- Offline Photo Management - Work with the photos in your Lightroom Library even when the actual image files are stored on media such as external hard drives or DVD discs that are not currently connected to your computer.
- DNG Conversion - Ensure the broadest capability and archival security of your proprietary raw format image files by converting them to the universal DNG format. Convert files already in the Library at any time, or convert new images on import.
Finding, Searching, and Sorting Images:
- File Renaming - Make your images easier to find and sort by creating a more logical and useful naming system than the default filenames provided by your camera. Then rename your photos individually, in batches, or automatically as they're imported from your camera, memory cards, or computer folders.
- Simple, Customized Keywording - Track your photos with the keywords that make sense to you - just type and apply.
- Manual Photo Sorting - Freely sort your photos in whatever order you prefer by selecting any number of images in the Library - contiguous or not - and then dragging them to a new location in the grid - it's that simple.
- Single or Group Metadata Stamping - Add as much information to a photo as you like, either individually or to groups of selected images. Store metadata sets as presets and apply them to one photo or to hundreds with a single click.
- Advanced Search and Sort - Use a wide range of searching, sorting, and powerful metadata filtering criteria to quickly find just the photo you want, whether your library contains hundreds of images or tens of thousands.
- IPTC/EXIF/XMP Metadata Support - Make your photos easier to identify, track, find, and analyze. Lightroom accesses, preserves, and allows you to edit a comprehensive set of metadata entires, including standard IPTC, EXIF, and XMP data.
- Import or Export of Keywords Sets - Create a system for tracking and categorizing your images with keywords and then easily synchronize that system between different computers. Export your keyword sets to external files, and import new sets whenever needed. It's easy to transfer them from one computer or user to another.
Importing and Exporting:
- Metadata Stamp on Import - Efficiently combine image management tasks by applying custom metadata or metadata presets to images as you import them.
- Metadata Stamp on Output - Add metadata stamps with your copyright, instructions for contacting you, or other information to every photo you print or send out.
Make an Impact
- One-Click Publishing to Your Website - Export your HTML or Adobe Flash Player compatible web galleries directly to the web in a single click. Just save your web server information as an FTP preset, and there's no need for a separate application.
- Output Web Galleries to HTML or Flash - Easily preset your photos in an HTML or Adobe Flash Player compatible web gallery, which you can preview before publishing. Save time by uploading your gallery directly from Lightroom 3 and by using gallery templates - a selection of elegant templates is already built into Lightroom, and you can create and save your own.
Windows System Requirements
- Windows XP SP3, Vista Home Premium/Business/Ultimate/Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit editions), Windows 7
- Intel Pentium 4 processor or equivalent
- 2 GB of RAM
- 1 GB of free hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 display
- CD-ROM drive
- Must accept license agreement to use software
Macintosh System Requirements
- Macintosh OS X 10.5 or 10.6
- Intel based processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 1 GB of free hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 display
- CD-ROM drive
- Must accept license agreement to use software
Note: This title is non-returnable once the software package has been opened.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review