Microsoft Windows v.7.0 Home Premium - Upgrade from Windows Vista or XP
Simplify the way you use
[Licensed for Use on 1 PC- Upgrade from Windows Vista or Windows XP]
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium offers the best entertainment experience on your PC, making the things you do every day easier. With fewer clicks, faster searching, easier browsing, and simpler ways to connect, there's less between you and what you want to do. Easily create a home network and share all your favorite photos, videos, and music. You can even watch, pause and rewind TV or record it to watch whenever and wherever you want. Windows 7 Home Premium is designed to improve the performance of your PC, so it's faster, more secure, and more reliable, and it meets the needs of the modern home.
- Makes the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation
- Faster and easier to launch programs and find the documents you use most often
- Make you web experience faster, easier and safer than ever with Internet Explorer 8
- Easy to create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV on your PC
User Interface Enhancements
- Improved taskbar allows you to launch programs and switch between them when they're open
- Jump Lists allow you to quickly reach files with which you've been working.
- Snaps allows you to quickly grab a window and pull it to either edge of your screen, automatically resizing the window to occupy half of your screen
- Windows Search has been improved since its introduction in Windows Vista.
- Windows 7 includes Internet Explorer 8, which includes an address bar, search tabs, and a Favorites bar to help you better navigate the web.
- Instant Search starts returning results as soon as you start typing your query.
- Accelerators allow you to highlight any part of a web page, and feed it into a frequently-used service as a search.
- IE8 also supports Web Slices, allowing you to capture only a portion of a web site, you can create web slices for auction items, sports scores, weather reports, and more.
- Device management has been greatly enhanced in Windows 7. Rather than spreading devices across several different screens, you'll be able to access all of your devices from one screen.
- Windows 7 also features Device Stage technology. Use Device Stage to interact with any compatible device that is connected to your computer.
- Use HomeGroup to more easily setup a home network, allowing you to share printers and files among all of the computers in your home.
- All of your networks are visible in the View Available Networks (VAN) window.
Performance and Compatibility
- Optimized so that PCs start up, shut down, and resume from standby faster than previous versions.
- Use the Action Center to control how the OS notifies you of systems changes
- Helps you recover from problems when they occur, walking you through the steps necessary to address common issues.
- Features a number of power-saving enhancements, designed to prolong battery life.
- Most devices that work with Windows Vista will work with Windows 7
- Instead of using intrusive pop-up messages, Windows 7 simply adds an icon to the Action Center.
- Windows Media Center allows you to watch TV, movies, and other types of video on your computer.
- When used with TV tuner hardware, Windows Media Center allows you to record television programming
- Features a streamlined programming guide, which contains both standard and digital HD program lists
- Windows 7 simplifies streaming, making it much easier to send media to compatible networked media devices.
- "Play To" feature, which allows you to push media to a compatible network device, while maintaining playback control from your computer.
- Access media stored on your home computer from your laptop via the Internet.
- Windows Live Essentials adds supports for multiple e-mail accounts, digital photo editing, instant messaging, and online security.
- Windows 7 adds support for touch-screen computers, including those that support multi-touch gestures.
- Interact directly with the OS and applications via touch: control media playback, scroll through documents and web pages, resize windows, and pan and zoom across large photos.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- 1 GHz processor
- 1 GB of RAM (32-bit); 2 GB of RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB of available disk space (32-bit); 20 GB of available disk space (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Music and sound require audio output
- Internet access (fees may apply)
Additional Requirements to Use Certain Features:
- Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
- For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
- Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware
- HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7
- DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
- BitLocker requires Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive
- Windows XP Mode requires an additional 1GB of RAM, an additional 15GB of available hard disk space, and a processor capable of hardware virtualization with Intel VT or AMD-V turned on
NOTE: This title is non-returnable once the software package has been opened. This title is a license to upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium from Windows Vista or Windows XP.
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review